Opinions on selling variously customized competition equipment

Hi,

Due to some medical problems which will keep me from competing more effectively, I'm thinking of letting go some of my competition stuff and other parts of my collection.

I'm wondering how to arrange them for sale, pricing and marketing-wise.
  • Do you add up the cost of a used gun, add all the add-on parts and give an overall 'used' discount on that sum?
  • Do I strip off the custom parts (i.e. trigger groups) and return the gun to 'like new' condition, and separately sell as used or give the extra parts away?
  • Do I include for free model-specific gear (holsters and accessories), or upcharge for a 'total package'.
  • I have enormous amounts of parts for everything: do I sell it as part of the a package, or just give it away to get it out of the basement?
    • i.e. if I have the factory trigger, I'll probably just let that go, but if I have a trigger I've never used (or one I thought was worse, I'm thinking of one in particular), should I just let it go, or a small upcharge, or sell separately
  • Should I just throw in the various kydex experiments with the gun as a sweetener, or upcharge some small amount?
    • Can I throw in free kydex to other guns just to get them out of my kydex closet?
  • Does having one big post of multiple things help or hurt sales or coordinating with people, compared to running individual posts.
  • Do I just price things randomly high on the off chance that's what the market will bare, ending the post with "I know what I have."
Examples I'm considering letting go:
  • I have an unfinished 2011 with I think all of the parts needed (actually, lots of duplicate parts). I'm not even sure how to sell this, I could package it with all the tooling I have for it, charge mostly for the tooling and new-in-bag parts, and let the project become someone else's problem?
  • My 3gun shotguns, for heavy and tactical (ports widened, security barrels, hilariously long tubes magazines, with comfy pads)
    • Should I put the stock tubes or stock barrels back on?
  • My current SASS BP setup (to do sass, I'd really need to get a pair of cartridge pistols, rather than the BP pistols I have which aren't reliable enough to compete, but I'm kind of unmotivated)
    • Do I include the BP reloading setups for this stuff as part of a package, or make it separate?
    • I have one of the professionally slickened, short stroked uh '73 I think is the model, in .38- maybe I would have better luck selling it on the sass website.
  • A few of my odder .22s rifles (I have this weird italian alien thing that is shaped like an m16 but fires 22 - takes unobtanium mags of which I have two, I believe)
  • A 995ts which I was going to use to compete in local PCC (yes, with 10 round mags) just for giggles.
  • My 9 glock that I considered using for production, but settled on my p320.
  • My sig 229 that I was going to use for NRA classes (so I'd have something to demonstrate a decocker on, but have never shot). I find myself just helping out instead of teaching NRA classes myself.
  • My .38 spc I was going to use for the same reason.
Any suggestions people have for what to do with the above would be welcome.

if It’s reloading stuff for a specific picky caliber then list it together. Like if you have casings for a match rifle that is already formed/sized.

Do you want it gone fast or maximize revenue?

Selling as a package is the fastest but much like cars you’ll be eating the cost on customizations. Especially if they aren’t popular upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom