Optometrist

I'm looking for a shooter friendly or at least knowleldgable Optometrist in the North Attleborough area. Anyone know of one?

Lou

Lou,

Welcome to the forum.

Not quite the NA area, but not terribly far away (Stoughton MA at corner of Canton/Stoughton/Sharon town lines on Rte. 27).

Dr. Daniel Thurm is an Optometrist that I'd recommend. (781) 344-3335 I brought a "blue gun" into his office to get the Rx settled for my ESS ICE shooting glasses. He told me that I could have used a real gun and he wouldn't care if it was loaded (I explained that if I have a real gun on me, it is always loaded) so he's cool with it.

Peter Nason, Optician is very cool with it. Peter owns guns, was a member of a gun club with me.

Go to the following thread for some contact info. Dr. Thurm also has a few other locations (I know that one is in Braintree), but I don't think they are any closer to you.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8400

Len, I take it you use the RX insert with those glasses, do you get any fogging issues with the glasses inside like that??

I have some old Oakley sunglasses that are about 3 or 4 prescriptions ago. They are Oakley frames with the office's prescription glass lenses. These are getting a little too beat up and out of date on the prescription.

I also have polycarbonate regular prescription glasses.

1. Do people like the polycarb lenses for shooting?
2. Can you get polycarb in sunglasses without totally killing the bank? (of course, the glass ones lasted a long time, but they'll probably be heavier this time around).
3. Any other sunglass recommendations? I use them for shooting, skiing, boating, beach, driving.

Thanks.

The nice thing about the ESS ICE system is that the Rx is an insert behind the polycarbonate outer lenses (set of three: clear, yellow and I think gray . . . too lazy to look).

Ken Kublin at Family Eye Care in Plainville is very experienced with vision and shooting. Ken helped me see iron sights again, and I'm sure you'll find him quite up on the subject

Lou,

Welcome to the forum.

Not quite the NA area, but not terribly far away (Stoughton MA at corner of Canton/Stoughton/Sharon town lines on Rte. 27).

Dr. Daniel Thurm is an Optometrist that I'd recommend. (781) 344-3335 I brought a "blue gun" into his office to get the Rx settled for my ESS ICE shooting glasses. He told me that I could have used a real gun and he wouldn't care if it was loaded (I explained that if I have a real gun on me, it is always loaded) so he's cool with it.

Peter Nason, Optician is very cool with it. Peter owns guns, was a member of a gun club with me.

Go to the following thread for some contact info. Dr. Thurm also has a few other locations (I know that one is in Braintree), but I don't think they are any closer to you.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8400

The Link provided doesn't seem to be working. I would like to get this information.
-Cuz.

Depicts,
Thanks for recomending Ken,
I had my appointment with him today. Very professional and very knowledgeble about our sport.

Lou

Be very carefull with Rain X on plastic. It will destroy it. Better using Pledge or other style of wax. I use Honda Spray Cleaner on my plastic windscreen to stop the fogging.

Depicts,
I had my appointment with him today. Very professional and very knowledgeble about our sport.

Lou

Loud223,
If you don't mind my asking a few questions,
-Did you bring your gun into the office?
-Did you set your RX to the front sight for both eyes?
-Did you go with a bifocal type lens setup for front site and distance?
-I'm basically curious how the whole process unfolded so I know what to expect. I just got a pair of the ESS Ice glasses and need to get a new RX for shooting.
Thanks,
-Cuz.

Cuz,

Yes I brought two target pistols into the exam room.
Ken set the RX to my dominant eye because the RX's are for competition only.
Bullseye and air pistol.
No I didn't go with bi-focal. But Ken did determine whether the RX was for competition or not.

Plan on enough time. I was there about 75 minutes.

Lou

Cuz,

Yes I brought two target pistols into the exam room.
Ken set the RX to my dominant eye because the RX's are for competition only.
Bullseye and air pistol.
No I didn't go with bi-focal. But Ken did determine whether the RX was for competition or not.

Plan on enough time. I was there about 75 minutes.

Lou

Thanks for the info. I may have to pay him a visit.
-Cuz.

Depicts,

Lou

I have my appointment with him this week. Thanks to both of you for the lead...

-Cuz

Back
Top Bottom