Oregon court rejects gun control group's challenge to Second Amendment sanctuary rule

safetyfirst2125

NES Member
Oregon court rejects gun control group's challenge to Second Amendment sanctuary rule

“The Second Amendment Sanctuary Ordinance, in its language, says "while within Columbia County, this Ordinance preserves the right of any person to keep and bear arms as originally understood; in self-defense and preservation, and in defense of one's community and country, and to freely manufacture, transfer, sell and buy firearms, firearm accessories and ammunition, which are designed primarily for the same purposes and protects ancillary rights that are closely related to the right to keep and bear arms protected by the Second Amendment."

Not when you have cocksockets like Sens Bradley, Carson, & Daniels along with Reps Abbas, Lynn, Osborne, & Wallace collectively destroying SB154.
County level. State reps are irrelevant. That's the beauty of it.

If Democrats can make sanctuary counties for illegals, we can make sanctuary counties for Constitutional Rights.

Last edited:

If Democrats can make sanctuary counties for illegals, we can make sanctuary counties for Constitutional Rights.

While I don't know much about CT, ME, or VT, counties in MA, NH, and RI have very little power compared to those outside of New England.

Is it me or does this summarize as you don't have standing a la the Healey ban, just instead of being pro gun grabber the rule in play is pro gun?

No, you really can't. When you rely on this law to manufacture and sell a rifle to someone and the feds come, the county sheriff sure as shit isn't going to shoot the ATF agents arresting you, nor will he break you out of the federal lockup. They will send you to prison, and the people who wrote this will laugh in your face for expecting it to hold any water. It happened in kansas, it will happen again to anyone who is stupid enough to believe these things will protect them.

While I don't know much about CT, ME, or VT, counties in MA, NH, and RI have very little power compared to those outside of New England.
True. In MA the power structure basically goes from the state level directly down to individual cities and towns. On the other hand, that means it might be possible to get 2A sanctuary bylaws and resolutions passed in some towns. Probably not many towns, and I don't know if there would be pre-emption issues, but it would be interesting to see what could be tried.

True. In MA the power structure basically goes from the state level directly down to individual cities and towns. On the other hand, that means it might be possible to get 2A sanctuary bylaws and resolutions passed in some towns. Probably not many towns, and I don't know if there would be pre-emption issues, but it would be interesting to see what could be tried.
all gun laws in MA, if passed by the town, would have to go to the state to be "approved." Much like Boston's AWB prohibiting the possession of (what used to be) legal firearms inside Boston.

Back
Top Bottom