Our Son Passed Away On Friday

I sorry you had to endure this. I've seen family members throw their lives into addiction. The success rate of turning someone around is unfortunately quite small once you reach the need for rehab. Know you did your best and tried to right a terrible situation. It won't cure the hurt but let it soften the blow.

This is a hard one!!!
Friday night, March 25, our son James IV passed away here at home. I won't go into the details of this, but if you go to the Moore County, N.C. Sheriff's Facebook page, the details are there. No parent should ever have to be placed in this situation!!! James suffered from substance abuse, both alcohol and other items. He was a great kid, played hockey for the Springfield Jr. Falcons as a young man and later went into MMA and boxing. He has a beautiful wife Madison and 2 young children, James and Carolyn ages 2 and 6 months. James graduated from Cleveland Community College Lineman's academy in Shelby, N.C. and worked as a lineman for a couple years until the disease took over his life. James completed a 45 day inpatient therapy and counseling program at Samaritan Colony in Rockingham, N.C. being released on Dec. 17th. He went to his AA meetings and we tried to keep as close of an eye on him as possible as James and his family lived with us. Unfortunately, he relapsed hard, very hard which culminated in the incident on March 25th.
I ask everyone to please do everything in their power and then some to get anyone they may know the help and continued follow up health that tragically ends so many lives due to these horrible addictions.
I also ask that everyone please keep this young man and his family in their thoughts and prayers. I have posted 2 links, one is for a GoFundMe to help offset his funeral expenses and the other is to Moore County Sheriff's Facebook page. I also would like to thank the Moore County EMT's, Moore County Sheriff's Office and Cypress Pointe Fire Department for their lifesaving attempts and just being a good bunch of folks in these most difficult times.
May the Good Lord watch over my son's soul.

Fundraiser for James Edward McCormick IV Funeral, organized by Jim McCormick

There is no greater pain than the loss of a child. I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

Our family would like to say a huge THANK YOU for your outpouring of support, kind words and donations during these absolutely devastating times. Admin Derek, a Huge thank you for allowing us to post the GoFundMe to assist us with these unexpected expenses.
Yes, this is a parents worst nightmare and the worst days have yet to start. As James's father, husband and father to my other two wonderful kids, I'm really trying to hold it together for his wife Madison and my family, but I find myself taking my walks into the woods behind the house and absolutely becoming a basketcase. You think you've seen and been through a lot in this world, nothing compares, no comparison to anything.
Again, Thank y'all so very much from the bottom of our hearts!!!

Our family would like to say a huge THANK YOU for your outpouring of support, kind words and donations during these absolutely devastating times. Admin Derek, a Huge thank you for allowing us to post the GoFundMe to assist us with these unexpected expenses.
Yes, this is a parents worst nightmare and the worst days have yet to start. As James's father, husband and father to my other two wonderful kids, I'm really trying to hold it together for his wife Madison and my family, but I find myself taking my walks into the woods behind the house and absolutely becoming a basketcase. You think you've seen and been through a lot in this world, nothing compares, no comparison to anything.
Again, Thank y'all so very much from the bottom of our hearts!!!

My heart breaks for you.

You are in our prayers.

My condolences and prayers for your son, and all of your family during this time of deepest sadness. Mya you find some solace in the love and support of your friends. Both those you know and those you haven't met yet.

Bullseye, I and my wife read your OP. We are both so very sorry for your loss. There is nothing else we can say. Please accept our profound condolences. You and those around you that loved him as family and friends will be in our prayers.

Back
Top Bottom