Our Son Passed Away On Friday

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
On Sunday afternoon, we had the wake for our son James and yesterday we had his funeral mass at Sacred Heart Church in Pinehurst, NC. It was an almost perfect day with a cloudless sky and about 70 degrees. We just didn't have our son walking with us.
We know our son is at peace with God, my family is coping the best they may and his wife is holding up well, much better than I am. I will muddle through this but with a long term mission not to let what happen to our son happen to another person, his life story needs to be heard whether it is at an AA meeting, a grief session with high school kids so they understand how quickly a life may be stolen by alcohol and drugs, that will be my therapy.
So, so many of you wonderful folks have reached out to my family and I with such kind words and private messages, every one helps us so much. Many of you contributed to our GoFundMe for Jame's funeral expenses. Every 20, 30 50 and 100 dollar donation is so greatly appreciated. Without your help, I guess we would have taken a loan out as burial expenses, like everything else, has become so costly. The sudden loss of a loved one is just so horrible.
Thank you Derek for allowing us to post his fundraiser.
I so deeply cannot thank you all enough, my heart is warmed by your kindness.
May God watch over our son James and my family,
Jim

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
On Sunday afternoon, we had the wake for our son James and yesterday we had his funeral mass at Sacred Heart Church in Pinehurst, NC. It was an almost perfect day with a cloudless sky and about 70 degrees. We just didn't have our son walking with us.
We know our son is at peace with God, my family is coping the best they may and his wife is holding up well, much better than I am. I will muddle through this but with a long term mission not to let what happen to our son happen to another person, his life story needs to be heard whether it is at an AA meeting, a grief session with high school kids so they understand how quickly a life may be stolen by alcohol and drugs, that will be my therapy.
So, so many of you wonderful folks have reached out to my family and I with such kind words and private messages, every one helps us so much. Many of you contributed to our GoFundMe for Jame's funeral expenses. Every 20, 30 50 and 100 dollar donation is so greatly appreciated. Without your help, I guess we would have taken a loan out as burial expenses, like everything else, has become so costly. The sudden loss of a loved one is just so horrible.
Thank you Derek for allowing us to post his fundraiser.
I so deeply cannot thank you all enough, my heart is warmed by your kindness.
May God watch over our son James and my family,
Jim
I hope you and your family have time to yourselves to grieve. The last week must have been overwhelming and now it's time to take care of yourself.

Top Bottom