• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

out of stae gun sale help.

stinx

NES Member
I have a gun for sale that an out of stae buyer is interested in purchasing. What is the best way to conduct the sale so I dont end up Getting screwed. On my end I was going to use four seasosn to ship the gun. Any help is appreciated.

I have a gun for sale that an out of stae buyer is interested in purchasing. What is the best way to conduct the sale so I dont end up Getting screwed. On my end I was going to use four seasosn to ship the gun. Any help is appreciated.

Sending guns out is easy. If the buyer's FFL will take shipments from
non FFLs, you just ship the gun to them and they do the rest,
basically. If their FFL requires a shipment from another FFL you
could have FS or any other FFL send it out.

If it was me I would want the buyer to send me payment
in advance of me sending the gun out.

-Mike

I have done many out of state sales over the years. Some times you can ship direct to the FFL (Get a copy of the FFL) other times you will need to send FFL to FFL (Still get a copy for your dealer).

Ask for funds in advance usually Postal Money order. I have taken a personal check but I help off on shipping unti lthe check had cleared which can take up to 10 days.

When I ship direct, I use Fed Ex. Use the anytime next day delivery for about $40. If I go through my dealer, it costs more.

I have always allowed three day inspection with return allowed for any reason as long as it is unfired and in the condition I shipped. Shipping both ways is the responsibility of the buyer. This usually makes certain they are returning for a legitimate reason. That said, I have never had a gun returned.

Be honest and above board with descriptions and expectations and you will have no problem.

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom