• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

over 4 month ma ltc wait time

Went for my renewal this Sunday. My license expires in December.

Went in June to schedule an appointment. Was told it was too early and to come back in September. Came back in September to schedule an appointment for November. Came back in November and did the renewal. Was told to expect my license in about 5 months. Great! Nothing like the state breaking its own laws.

At least I didn't get screwed out of a non restricted class A.

Went for my renewal this Sunday. My license expires in December.

Went in June to schedule an appointment. Was told it was too early and to come back in September. Came back in September to schedule an appointment for November. Came back in November and did the renewal. Was told to expect my license in about 5 months. Great! Nothing like the state breaking its own laws.

At least I didn't get screwed out of a non restricted class A.

Total BS when they tell you it's too early!!!! Many are reaching the boiling point as these abuses continue!!!

Just renewed my LTC. One month early and was told I should be ok @ a 4 month total with the 3 month grace period. I know I'll be fine because I did my part on time and I don't give a shit how they mess with the paperwork!

Just renewed my LTC. One month early and was told I should be ok @ a 4 month total with the 3 month grace period. I know I'll be fine because I did my part on time and I don't give a shit how they mess with the paperwork!

All fine and dandy, but don't forget, you're prohibited from buying or selling guns or ammo during your "grace" period. You can, however, carry, but who knows if some local gendarme might jam you up in his podunk town, with slow or no computer access??

Best attitude to take!

All fine and dandy, but don't forget, you're prohibited from buying or selling guns or ammo during your "grace" period. You can, however, carry, but who knows if some local gendarme might jam you up in his podunk town, with slow or no computer access??

Computer access won't help. It is NOT coded as "grace period" and will come up as "expired"! That's per info from the Director of FRB!

My friend was just told it will be at least 12 weeks for his permit when he applied in Chelmsford today.

How in the **** can it take that long? HOW?!

One of my students just finished up her interview in Lowell. She was told that be will be 5 to 6 months for her LTC to come in.

Ya know, this overly long licensing process seems to be getting worse since the cat got out of the bag during the multiple public hearings around the state. It seems to be intentional, IMO. The establishment is trying to break us.

And there I was thinking that 37 days (11/22 to 12/30) was a long time to wait for my LTC [shocked]

Actually, it was issued on the 17th, but I guess it "took" 13 days for USPS to deliver it to Waltham PD lol.

Wow, you got an LTC in Waltham? They never returned my calls and when I went in they said they don't do walk-ins and I have to call and leave a request for an appointment on the answering service. That was in 2007.

One of my students just finished up her interview in Lowell. She was told that be will be 5 to 6 months for her LTC to come in.

Ya know, this overly long licensing process seems to be getting worse since the cat got out of the bag during the multiple public hearings around the state. It seems to be intentional, IMO. The establishment is trying to break us.

They've got to be dragging ass.

I know more people have been applying for permits, but this is completely unacceptable.

Police interview and prints on Fri 7/26/2013.
My LTC expires shortly.
Hopefully it gets here soon. [thinking]

I picked it up yesterday.
When I called the police station, they put me on hold and it was already there sitting in a box.
If I never called, I wonder if they would've eventually called me?

Took me 6 months in 2012, still ain't improving it seems. I really want their slowness to translate into no more LTCs or more realistically, instant no restrictions at the PD the day you apply.

Well will see my lo is really cool he is very pro 2a and no restrictions so he says 4 weeks as long as printing don't hold me up

How long does the printing process take? My LTC was approved and the request was sent for it to be printed 3 weeks ago. My LO says he still hasn't gotten my license. Is 3 weeks to print a license unheard of? I am still in for the long haul here?

How long does the printing process take? My LTC was approved and the request was sent for it to be printed 3 weeks ago. My LO says he still hasn't gotten my license. Is 3 weeks to print a license unheard of? I am still in for the long haul here?

Have you tried calling the FRB to check? They could tell you whether or not the license has been printed yet, since they do the actual printing. 6176604722

Have you tried calling the FRB to check? They could tell you whether or not the license has been printed yet, since they do the actual printing. 6176604722
Thanks! I called them and they said it was printed and sent almost a week ago so my local PD should have it. I got a reply from my local PD on Sunday, they claim they didn't have it. I guess I just need to keep waiting?

seems to me some departments are very pro 2A and (just conjecture) since they can run a background check on you they approve and send your stuff in to the FRB while at the same time sending the stuff to the state police. Then if they don't get anything back within the 40 days (as per the MGLs) they hand you over your LTC (or perhaps sooner?). As I read the MGL (which carries no weight) the state police have 40 days to either send a letter saying you are okie dokie or informing the local PD there is a problem. Without a notice that there is a problem I think (just my guess) some PDs are issuing the LTCs figuring they can always revoke if they have to.

RoseFox - if FRB says they mailed it and the PD says they don't have it you should definitely call the PD and let them know that FRB says its been printed and sent out. It's not unheard of for an LTC to go to the wrong town. Or get misplaced.

Really from prints to ltc in hand nor well 3 weeks wow

- - - Updated - - -

That's quick my lo told me 4 weeks so that could be true

My wife dropped her LTC application mid January at the PD she was printed the following week and she is still waiting. I had her call the 800 number and they said that it's still with the local PD.

Back
Top Bottom