• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

P P people, gun purchases

So having gone threw that entire mess.... I know a private purchase is ok but has anyone else who’s been threw it made a purchase at a gun store successfully ? I mean have the feds stormed your house at 4 am with a CNN film crew ?? I have not made any purchases private or at the gun shop for the record. I just getting the itch for a new sig and was wondering what to expect in this shitty state of massholia

So having gone threw that entire mess.... I know a private purchase is ok but has anyone else who’s been threw it made a purchase at a gun store successfully ? I mean have the feds stormed your house at 4 am with a CNN film crew ?? I have not made any purchases private or at the gun shop for the record. I just getting the itch for a new sig and was wondering what to expect in this shitty state of massholia
So the guns you have you stole?

Your post makes zero sense.

Been threw what ??

😅

If you want a new sig go buy one. What are you actually asking?
What I’m asking /saying is having getting my ltc restored after an oui charge 30 years ago , I am under the impression that making gun purchases could cause me a problem. So I’m simply asking if anyone else in my shoes has bought anything without getting a visit or hate mail from anyone making legal threats. Just a simple question. I don’t want to get jammed up

What I’m asking /saying is having getting my ltc restored after an oui charge 30 years ago , I am under the impression that making gun purchases could cause me a problem. So I’m simply asking if anyone else in my shoes has bought anything without getting a visit or hate mail from anyone making legal threats. Just a simple question. I don’t want to get jammed up
You should have probably explained that in your initial post. Seems your wording your responses here like your trying to be "on the quiet" about owning guns. If so you probably shouldn't have posted back in Dec that you had work done on your sig. Just saying.

Your title says pp.....and tour first sentence says "private purchase" so I don't think I'm the only one who got confused on what your asking.

I just went back and read my original post. Nowhere does it suggest I’m trying to be quiet about anything. I did have work done on a sig but it was done before I lost my ltc for a while and had it restored during the FLRB hearings mess. Why does a simple question have to be turned upside down ? Has anyone had any problems making a purchase anywhere since having their rights restored from being concidered a PP ?

You cant drink all day unless you start in the morning or you never ended last nights bender.

are you one of those people that is in a legal Catch 22 because of the "misdafelony" that is still on your record, that has gotten relief from the MA Firearms Board, but are still considered a Federal PP because a the DWI conviction had a potential penalty of over 2 years?

I've got no experience in that department, but IMHO if the conviction is still on your record ( not a CWOF, not pardoned by the Governor, not re-opened and disposed of in another manner) I would venture an opinion that the Federal Database is still going to show you as a PP per their interpretations of rules/law.

If that is the case, what I would suggest to you if you want to really clear things up is to hire a good lawyer that can go back and ask for a new trial based on a claim of ineffective counsel because you were not told that by pleading guilty you would become a PP.

NTassel is who I would call

IMHO the Feds don't recognize the States restoration of your 2A rights without the guilty charge being removed from your record because it is that pesky over 2 years POTENTIAL penalty that triggers their denial

I just went back and read my original post. Nowhere does it suggest I’m trying to be quiet about anything. I did have work done on a sig but it was done before I lost my ltc for a while and had it restored during the FLRB hearings mess. Why does a simple question have to be turned upside down ? Has anyone had any problems making a purchase anywhere since having their rights restored from being concidered a PP ?
Try this next time:

I had my ltc restored after being a pp for a period of time. Anyone in this situation ever have a problem with the background check when purchasing at a shop?

See that? Like 1/2 of the words used.....and it actually states what your situation is....and poses a question someone may know the answer to.

Forum legal guidance is worth what you pay for it.

If the risk here is getting denied on a NICS and possible ATF door knock, I’d rather pay for real advice. Contact Neil Tassel (or the other prominent firearms attorneys) and ask what to do. Or, the lawyer you used for your rights restoration?

Not a simple question. I would ask a firearms attorney.

are you one of those people that is in a legal Catch 22 because of the "misdafelony" that is still on your record, that has gotten relief from the MA Firearms Board, but are still considered a Federal PP because a the DWI conviction had a potential penalty of over 2 years?

I've got no experience in that department, but IMHO if the conviction is still on your record ( not a CWOF, not pardoned by the Governor, not re-opened and disposed of in another manner) I would venture an opinion that the Federal Database is still going to show you as a PP per their interpretations of rules/law.

If that is the case, what I would suggest to you if you want to really clear things up is to hire a good lawyer that can go back and ask for a new trial based on a claim of ineffective counsel because you were not told that by pleading guilty you would become a PP.

NTassel is who I would call

IMHO the Feds don't recognize the States restoration of your 2A rights without the guilty charge being removed from your record because it is that pesky over 2 years POTENTIAL penalty that triggers their denial

Is his situation similar to the Morin vs lyver federal case? That’s ongoing right now but looks promising

If a prohibited person has their rights restored they can never buy a gun from an FFL. Period. The end. At least until the atf is forced to change their position on this issue.

After a person's rights are restored through the flrb for an ltc or by statute for an fid they remain a prohibited person in the eyes of the atf. Atf is legally wrong but they adhere to a faulty interpretation of the law that every judge that I'm aware of who has examined the issue in mass has refused to follow.

I tell every client to be sure they never try to buy a gun through an ffl in that situation. Atf will be notified and they will come visit and tell you that you can not possess a gun and to dispose of any guns you have. They may be with local pd. Nobody wants that scrutiny. I have seen this happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom