• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

P365 arrived.

So I tried it out and was impressed. Even with the flush mag I could rapid fire 10 rounds and keep them on the inner half of a uspsa brown man target at 15 yards.

It functioned 100% on a variety of ammo.

If they ever get on passed in mass I’m sure that there will be a different trigger. Mine was extremely nice for a striker fired right out of the box.

And yes
I think I have the signess!

G

i wear large gloves.

365 is small for a 10 rounder

and only 1" wide

the triggers are similar in feel 365 to 320. although my 320 is an x5 which has an upgraded trigger.

Attachments

• IMG_1484.jpg
    IMG_1484.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 131
Handled one today at Old Glory and I like it. It had a better grip than the p938 and almost a miniature version grip of the 320 x5 full size. I would spring for one with that exact trigger but not what may come into the 10lb range.

i wear large gloves.

365 is small for a 10 rounder

and only 1" wide

the triggers are similar in feel 365 to 320. although my 320 is an x5 which has an upgraded trigger.
In your hand, it looks huge - much larger than a 938. Is it roughly the size of a Glock 43 (if you've handled one to compare?)

Get the 12-round mag. Not only does it increase capacity, it lengthens the grip and makes it easier to control. (Sorry MA residents)

It doesn't matter what Carl says.

MA regs say it either has to have an ungodly heavy trigger or a manual safety.

Sig has 2 choices. Heavy up the trigger or add a manual safety.

I'd rather they heavy up the trigger, because I'd rather fix the trigger and have a gun that doesn't have a safety. But most people aren't like me. They will cringe at the terrible trigger and not buy.

So sig will give us one with a normal trigger and a little vestigial safety.

I'd rather they heavy up the trigger, because I'd rather fix the trigger and have a gun that doesn't have a safety. But most people aren't like me. They will cringe at the terrible trigger and not buy.

Lots of guns have light triggers and no safety. Even small ones like the XDS.

CMR 940 16.05 (2) specifically says:

It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun-purveyor to transfer or offer to transfer to any customer located within the Commonwealth any handgun which does not contain a mechanism which effectively precludes an average five year old child from operating the handgun when it is ready to fire; such mechanisms shall include, but are not limited to: raising trigger resistance to at least a ten pound pull, altering the firing mechanism so that an average five year old child's hands are too small to operate the handgun, or requiring a series of multiple motions in order to fire the handgun.​

Safeties fall under the "multiple motions" clause. Instead of the S&W approach of 10lb trigger plus large thumb activated safety, we can hope for a trigger safety. HK VP9, glock, XDS, etc all use the trigger safety and it seems to be ok (so far) with our fine AG. That would be the least offensive approach to satisfying CMR 940 16

Side note, the glock was deemed an unfair or deceptive practice based on CMR 940 16.05 (3) regarding the LCI (loaded chamber indicator)

Lots of guns have light triggers and no safety. Even small ones like the XDS.
The XDS and others guns you refer to have safeties. They are trigger safeties. The two piece trigger that requires both parts to move to result in a discharge. This is very common on striker fired guns and meets CMR 940 16 (2), so far...

Don't remember if it was Carl or not but they said it would have a manual safety added and no trigger difference

So like I said, either a heavy trigger or a manual safety.

I won't carry a gun with a manual safety. Especially something with a tiny low profile safety that you aren't really supposed to use.

I used to carry Glocks and 1911s. I also compete with both. I will occasionally, usually after shooting the Glock a lot, forget to swipe off the safety on a 1911. Its happened to me in matches. I don't want to risk doing this under pressure.

So for me. Unless I want to commit to carrying only guns with manual safeties, I'm not going to carry any guns with manual safeties. But if you are going to carry a gun with a manual safety, it had better be a good one. I'm talking about something real like on a 1911 or FN FNX.

Not a little nubbily bump of a safety that you don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting off under pressure.

Carrying with it off is also bad. Because it can still be put on accidentally. And then if the poop hits the turbine, you are in even worse shape. So if the gun has a safety, you MUST practice putting it off with every draw.

end of rant.

Back
Top Bottom