P365 grip fitting

I recently got a p365 and found the grip lacking and used sugru to enhance the backstrap area, right hand middle and ring finger area of grip, and added a small left thumb test. I avoided adding material on the sides of the grip that would make the gun wider but nevertheless this is far more comfortable than original.

I'm going to give myself a pat on the back here for something simple and extoll the qualities of "sugru" - the moldable rubber I used for this small project. Would love to see if anyone else has used it elsewhere. I can see using it to make something similar to an accuwedge for example. The material cost here was about $2.

I know you guys actually fabricate things here... but this sugru stuff is great!!! They show examples of sugru holding up as a keyholder, cantilevered off a wall, with a ~1cm^2 contact patch. I'm curious how effective this will be after say 2,000 rounds. From initial prodding and poking it seems pretty solid.

Attachments

• 20220810_181443.jpg
    20220810_181443.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220810_181434.jpg
    20220810_181434.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Badonkadonk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePG6zUYvUZg

Admittedly I've never used a gas pedal before - the instructions on that website you linked suggest pushing inward with the support thumb (lateral pressure to right) and lateral pressure to the left with the middle finger of the primary hand. Initially I thought the purpose was to push "down" but that'll just result in some version of flinching downward as it's impossible to push down simultaneous to the round going off.

Last edited:
OP does the gas pedal feel natural in your grip? and if you end up not liking it.. how difficult will it be to remove? Just lots of scraping?

OP does the gas pedal feel natural in your grip? and if you end up not liking it.. how difficult will it be to remove? Just lots of scraping?
It does - I first mocked this up with poster tack material to find the right location, then effectively held the pistol with sugru on it to mold out the final form.

I'm curious how well it'll stick here - there's no existing stippling and kind of smooth.

From other accounts, I expect removal to be like removing silicone caulking.

Dude just buy the Wilson Combat grip module, totally transforms the gun, makes it fit grownup size hands much better and takes nothing away from it and it's not all that expensive.
Totally hear you, It's silly but I don't like the sunburst stippling (not that this looks much better). The low module cost was also a reason why I didn't worry about messing this one up. Lastly I just enjoy fiddling with things and wanted to try sugru.

Is there an lgs that has one though? I'd like to try it.

My pmm comp arrives today and I may get a longer module to cover the comp.

Last edited:
Not to be a downer on your design, but unless that adheres like an epoxy, I doubt it.

There are aftermarket gas pedals though for P365. I was actually surprised how far back you have yours.

View attachment 649072
Yeah I agree, it's just a test. Part of why I didn't get that pedal, aside from not wanting to spend the money, was that it took up the entire rail, so the sugru placement was driven by finger placement, minimizing rail coverage, and to maintain holstering.

It's still my first time messing with this stuff, and of course I prefer a mechanical connection vs an adhered one but it seems that the functional adhesive strength is the selling point of the product - i'm open to being positively surprised.

The other element of this is force application - I think the intent of the gas pedal is oppgrip which is to push into the gun laterally by applying compression to the material, rather than shear.

An alternate material option would have been some kind of thermoplastic (instamorph) with epoxy. That seems like a lower resolution material though.

Ultimately the downside is the that everything peels off, but then I've lost a few dollars of materials and some fiddle time. The upside is that it's super comfortable.

Last edited:
Dude just buy the Wilson Combat grip module, totally transforms the gun, makes it fit grownup size hands much better and takes nothing away from it and it's not all that expensive.

Do you have one of those? I've been thinking about it, but was curious what users think. Does it also have the tungsten insert option? This gun is so light that it could actually use a little more weight.

I got one and *for me*, it didn't fit well or not well enough to be worth the $60 or so I just spent on it. I took it off and sent it back. I preferred the Hogue sleeve and it fills the palm swell nicely. I just put in the ArmoryCraft flat trigger and that's a win although it may have affected POI or maybe I just suck. :D

The new P365 Macro has interchangeable backstraps. Its a much taller gun though, near G19 size. Seems like that's their version of a G48. 17+1 in a slimline sounds awesome though. Too bad MA.

Performed some rhinoplasty last night, this should help mitigate some bite while maintaining a tiny pkg. excited to try this with the grip work.

The PMM barrel extends about 1/4" beyond the face of the 365 slide, I think this results in a barrel that is 1/4" longer than the barrel within the Spectre or Macro while maintaining equivalent OAL.

Attachments

• 20220812_122922.jpg
    20220812_122922.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom