P365 vs. P30sk

Looking for opinions between the sig p365 and the h&k p30sk. I really like both, but I don't know if the h&k is really worth the extra money? Would like to hear more experienced opinions.

They are completely different pistols but both excellent. The P365 is striker fired and a smaller, thinner package, and a little easier for me to conceal under the lighter clothing which we will hopefully be wearing soon. The P30SK is hammer fired and can use mags from the other P30 variants. As primarily an HK and a hammer fanboy, I still enjoy and carry the P365 a lot. They are both accurate. Find someone with both and try them out. Good luck, you can’t go wrong.

I have both and will say it all depends on the season. Hot as balls weather calls for the 365, while any other type of climate you can easily carry the SK.
When it comes to actually shooting either it all comes down the the shooter. Sub compact compared to a compact is two totally different games.
In true NES fashion - own both!!

I own them both and wouldn’t part with either but they have different roles. The P30SK is by far the nicer piece of machinery and for me the more enjoyable shooter, but when HK calls it a “compact” that is really only in comparison to the P30. The P365 is more concealable and a fine gun in its own right, but not nearly as sexy looking as the P30SK.

🐯

Looking for opinions between the sig p365 and the h&k p30sk. I really like both, but I don't know if the h&k is really worth the extra money? Would like to hear more experienced opinions.
Lol.... they're not in the same size class for starters, so consider that.

I own them both and wouldn’t part with either but they have different roles. The P30SK is by far the nicer piece of machinery and for me the more enjoyable shooter, but when HK calls it a “compact” that is really only in comparison to the P30. The P365 is more concealable and a fine gun in its own right, but not nearly as sexy looking as the P30SK.

🐯
Probably important to recall the G19 is a "compact" as well.

Apples and oranges for sure. [laugh] I own both and I must admit that I am a huge fan of the hammer-fired P30SK, but they are such different guns that you really need to decide what specific traits you are after first. [thumbsup]

Probably important to recall the G19 is a "compact" as well.

And of course you had to have known someone on the interwebs has made that comparison and someone like me would stick them into a single image...

19aG4Wz.jpg

🐯

do you have a preference of hammer vs striker fired? If you’re a striker fired guy, look at the VP9SK as the more accurate comp to the Sig.

I think it comes down to your preferred method of carry. The HK is too long and fat to fit in a pants pocket, unless you're Ronald McDonald or Jerry Nadler. It compares directly to the G26 as noted above. If you're thin enough to comfortably carry IWB either one will be fine and the decision is which one you shoot better.

I've recently shot the HK with the 4 lb LEM trigger. Fantastic. I currently own a 365 with the M-carbo trigger spring kit in it, now the trigger pull is 4 lbs and very smooth. It's not as nice a trigger as the LEM however, the HK with that trigger is almost $500 more.

As long as we have a captive audience of P30SK owners and potential owners here then I would like to out that Midway is now selling OEM HK extended base plates for replacement of the stock flat base P30SK magazines. They are only $8.99 but of course the cheapest shipping is $6.75 but if you want to convert your stock flat base mags it might suit you.

May as well also mention as it happens they have VP9SK/P30SK 10 round mags with the extended base plate for $39.99, which based on common stupid prices for HK mags makes that a pretty good deal.

🐯

Back
Top Bottom