P38 How did I do?

A friend picked up this P38 and asked me about it...I don't know too much about the milsurp pistols but figured some one where would

original Walther P38, ALL serial numbers match, EXCELLENT bore, retains about 98% original finish

Has 2 original holsters and magazines. One holster is smooth black leather the other has a pebble finish to it

photo(10).jpgphoto(11).jpgphoto(12).jpgphoto(13).jpgphoto(14).jpgphoto(15).jpg

Daltrey will be around shortly. I have just gotten interested in these. i am not smart enough to value it yet. The only other part to check for matching is the locking lug inside. It looks like a really good pistol and I like the holster. there are repros of those but i am sure someone here can tell you that. Do the magazines match the gun?

what did he pay? that is the ultimate test on "how did I do?"

I cant tell you much about holsters, but I can tell you that an AC44 is one of the more common variations (130,00 made). BYF44 are slighly more common (145,000 made) than the AC44. That said, you have a nice looking p38 (F block assembled in June 44). I dont know if it is the photo but is the swastika on the eagle proof on the slide peened? If so that will take down the value. Does the locking block match? Can you post a picture of the magazine? How is the bore? Is it import marked? I can give you a value with more info.

I would feel comfortable paying $750 for the pistol alone. You would get much more for the total "rig" Sorry I can not give you a value on the "rig". I just dont know holster values that well. For what it is worth, they look very good from the photos. i hope I was helpful to you. Any other questions, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom