P3AT. What is close in weight and size?

Was looking for a P3AT, but not really finding anything. What is close in size and weight? A .380 or 9mm is smallest I'd like to go.

Kahr? Anything else? Otherwise, I might consider the next slight step up to a LC9S or something, but those are like another level bigger. Same with Glock, Sig 365, etc. maybe Kahr also. Just want something small and light to put in pants pocket.

I pocket carry an LC9S regularly. Shorts or cargo pants, I’m not a tight jeans guy (you’re welcome).
I lost the flat baseplate, but have no problem carrying with the pinky mag in my pocket.
Weight is a non issue. Size is like you said, the limit I think for pocket.

They're close.

How about the LCP9S? Again, another level bigger up the spectrum?

Other contenders?
Kahr CM9
MossbergMC2sc

Still, nothing close in smallness/lightness that I've seen. Unless you go to Seecamp and NAA or Derringers.

Are p3ats not mass legal?? They’re fairly common around here and cheap too. The LCP, which is I believe based on it, is better, but not by much. The lcp2 is better yet, but still a tiny 380.

You could could always get a p32 if 380 is too cheap....

Are p3ats not mass legal?? They’re fairly common around here and cheap too. The LCP, which is I believe based on it, is better, but not by much. The lcp2 is better yet, but still a tiny 380.

You could could always get a p32 if 380 is too cheap....
They're all mass legal just none of them will be sold at the deli ticket Emporium or other box stores. Not hard to get legally for anybody with a brain though

I see the Kahr PM9 and Beretta Pico are close also. I know nothing about the Beretta Pico. Anyone?

[offtopic]

Name something smaller/lighter in the same caliber, that can be carried around water without worrying about it much, and still works as designed.
Lol when my ex was around i used to bring a g19 to the beach..... not sure what water has to do with it...... 🤣 unless you're going to swim with the gun or something.

Lol when my ex was around i used to bring a g19 to the beach..... not sure what water has to do with it...... 🤣 unless you're going to swim with the gun or something.
Sometimes the dog pulls you in, or you're out in the rain.

I was unaware keltec had a gen 2....that’s how!!

But my LCP380 probably cost about 20 dollars more than your P3AT, so it’s like 15% better, easy!!
Now, keep in mind, that I bought my P3AT in 2004. It was manufactured in 2003. So, it is nearly 20 years old.
At that time, there was nothing like it. Nothing. Today it's a different story, but back then, folks were going with this or a Seecamp.

I don't regret the purchase and still carry it deep from time to time...

Just an additional note: They (Kel-tec) stopped production of the P3AT in January of this year. Most likely because of the Ruger LCP II.

I see the Kahr PM9 and Beretta Pico are close also. I know nothing about the Beretta Pico. Anyone?

The PM9 is heavy and will drag your pocket down. I have one and alway found it uncomfortable pocket carrying it.

I’m going to disagree with several here and say the P3AT is a perfectly fine gun to pocket carry with. I’ve been summer carrying one for several years now and it’s a great pocket carry gun. I use Hornady Critical Defense ammo and I’ve fires several thousand rounds through the gun without any issue. It works, the ammo I use has good ballistic results and I’m accurate at shooting it. What else do you need in a pocket gun.

I went thru the same thing lately looking for a small pocket pistol. My first pick would have been a LCP MAX but it's not on the roster nor is the LCP2 in 380 but they'll let you get it in .22LR. My second pick was a M&P Bodyguard 380 which is what I went with. The Ruger's have a better trigger where the M&P has a long pull and reset. I can work with the M&P and there are after market triggers if I couldn't. There are a couple pluses to the Smith. It is actually a touch smaller than the LCP and where as the Ruger is striker fired, the Smith is DAO, hence the long pull. I'm more comfortable with DOA in my pocket, elsewhere it doesn't matter to me, and I always get a second or third try if there is ever a light strike before having to re-rack the slide.

I've had a Kahr PM9 in my pocket for a decade or so. Great gun. Hides well in a pocket holster.

It has a long but very smooth trigger pull. Takes a little practice to get use to it. But honestly for something that I carry in my pocket I really don't want a short, light trigger.

To each his own, of course.

I had one. I sold it. It was just a SMIDGE too light for a 380 with defensive loads. A few ounces more for a Smith bodyguard made a huge difference.

Was looking for a P3AT, but not really finding anything. What is close in size and weight? A .380 or 9mm is smallest I'd like to go.

Kahr? Anything else? Otherwise, I might consider the next slight step up to a LC9S or something, but those are like another level bigger. Same with Glock, Sig 365, etc. maybe Kahr also. Just want something small and light to put in pants pocket.
I have a p3at and had an LC9 (original) for a while. The LC9 is the perfect size and shape, honestly. Mine just had a trigger from hell, and I couldn't hit a barn with it. Like. Crazy random. 1.5 inches of wall. Never knew where it was going to break.
The current generation seems fine from what I've heard. I rented one of the newer LC9s flavor and want one.

Some people can't shoot the p3at well. I love the little thing. Pie plates at 25 yards all day. Eats any ammo I've tried but was most consistent with Speer and Critical Duty.

Pocket carry with a leather and kydex square. Usually toss a paper towel in the pocket to break up the lines. Looks like I have two wallets.

Back
Top Bottom