P3AT. What is close in weight and size?

Back in 1998, the P95 was considered "compact".

Here's the P95 next to a EC9S:
1664401521397.png 1664401550208.png1664402262113.png

Here's that same EC9S next to a Kahr CM9 :

1664402086860.png 1664401841006.png1664401777597.png

It is almost like 2 orders of magnitude smaller!!!!!!

Attachments

• 1664401960011.png
    1664401960011.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 1
This was in comparison to the "full sized" P85 and P89, and other "full sized" pistols like the 1911, etc.

Here is the P95 next to a 1911. You decide. (Almost 2" shorter!)

1664403514756.png1664403548469.png

This was in comparison to the "full sized" P85 and P89, and other "full sized" pistols like the 1911, etc.

Here is the P95 next to a 1911. You decide. (Almost 2" shorter!)

View attachment 667500View attachment 667501
The side to side profile of the P95 is a f****** school bus thick compared to a 1911. The p95 is a full sized handgun. It's not completely impractical to carry with the right holster but it is f****** thicco.

Life is to short to carry a Ruger.
It's the Boones Farm of firearms

The P95 would not be the worst thing you could carry at all not an even close even though it's an ugly, thick poverty gun I would pick a P95 9/10 times over a lot of other junk that's likely in its price class. At least it's reliable to the point of being a tank.

The BG 380 is literally the worst gun S&W makes. It has a cult following though, mostly among "smith people".
I have owned two firearms that quit working while at the range - the BG380 (broken firing pin) and a Kel-Tec P32 (went click, no bang…. Then sometimes would go bang, other times no bang)

The P32 was the easiest to carry gun I ever owned, but a battle to get fixed. The BG380 was warm garbage when it did work, but S&W did fix it. It’s still not a good gun when working.

I pocket carry a Glock 42 in an ultra slim trigger guard holster. It’s nowhere near as small, but it’s easier to shoot and I have much less concern that it will stop functioning.

PM9 was an ok gun, but long surpassed by the P365.

I've always hated pocket semi-autos because they all had terrible sights, terrible triggers, unimpressive capacity (6-7), and tiny little controls (mag release, slide lock) that sucked to operate. So for years I carried .38 snubbies.

Until this year when I discovered the P365. Good trigger, fantastic sights, 10+1 capacity, normal controls... It's become my go-to 100% of the time. It's hysterical that it's the same size as the LC9s because it's easily twice the gun. P365 is absolute pocket carry king, it's not even close, unless you need something really, really, really tiny. I can't remember the last time that any gun impressed me this much.

I don't think so. The Kahr is smaller in EVERY dimension. Check it out for yourself: Kahr PM9 vs Sig Sauer P365 size comparison | Handgun Hero
I own both. They have both been very reliable, but the 365 is much easier to shoot. Especially quick follow up shots.
The trigger on the 365 is good, and as others have mentioned, the trigger pull on the PM9 is very long and takes a little getting used to. It is smooth and not spongey and is predictable. Both are much more accurate than you would expect with the edge going to the Sig.

The Kahr grip is tough to hang on to. That little sucker really wants to jump out of your hand. The slightly larger size and grip design of the Sig are worth the nominal increase in size and weight. The added capacity of the 365 is nice.
Both can be carried in a pocket or disappear IWB, but since I bought my 365 I have only carried the PM9 once, as a BUG on my ankle.
Just my 2 cents.

I don't think so. The Kahr is smaller in EVERY dimension. Check it out for yourself: Kahr PM9 vs Sig Sauer P365 size comparison | Handgun Hero
Dude…. Cmon…. The PM9 is no longer relevant in EVERY way because of guns like the P365. Yes, there are dimensional differences. For those of us that actually buy and shoot these guns, it’s not close. I have owned and shot a significant number of rounds through most of the guns in your many, many, many posts… I am NOT an authority, nor do I claim to be, just a guy with actual hands on experience in owning and shooting these things. Don’t like my advice? Totally cool with me, but I have spent range time and paid my own money to purchase them.

I've always hated pocket semi-autos because they all had terrible sights, terrible triggers, unimpressive capacity (6-7), and tiny little controls (mag release, slide lock) that sucked to operate. So for years I carried .38 snubbies.

Until this year when I discovered the P365. Good trigger, fantastic sights, 10+1 capacity, normal controls... It's become my go-to 100% of the time. It's hysterical that it's the same size as the LC9s because it's easily twice the gun. P365 is absolute pocket carry king, it's not even close, unless you need something really, really, really tiny. I can't remember the last time that any gun impressed me this much.
There’s a reason it’s basically #1 in sales. It might not meet every persons needs but it meets a lot of them. The fact that theres an X version helps too…. Usually if you’re not selling somebody at 365 they’re buying an X or an XL. If I didn’t have my 43 and 43x id have a 365X myself.

Dude…. Cmon…. The PM9 is no longer relevant in EVERY way because of guns like the P365. Yes, there are dimensional differences. For those of us that actually buy and shoot these guns, it’s not close. I have owned and shot a significant number of rounds through most of the guns in your many, many, many posts… I am NOT an authority, nor do I claim to be, just a guy with actual hands on experience in owning and shooting these things. Don’t like my advice? Totally cool with me, but I have spent range time and paid my own money to purchase them.

he’s not wrong though…. the PM9 is still a smaller gun but for most people the choice for 365 is pretty obvious especially if you can get the thing out of the pocket and on your belt line.

he’s not wrong though…. the PM9 is still a smaller gun but for most people the choice for 365 is pretty obvious especially if you can get the thing out of the pocket and on your belt

Never made an argument that the P365 isn’t bigger. I said it’s not really relevant for those that are actually buying a firearm as these types of comparisons aren’t actual “buying” comparisons.

Never made an argument that the P365 isn’t bigger. I said it’s not really relevant for those that are actually buying a firearm as these types of comparisons aren’t actual “buying” comparisons.
It doesn't help matters that kahr isn't making nearly enough guns either. It's way easier to get a p365 than /any/ kahr semi right now.

Anyone have, or know anything about these?

Five pages and nobody has mentioned Seecamps. You can get one in .380. The Guardian is a copy of the Seecamp but I can’t vouch for the quality. You want small and pocketable? Get a Seecamp. Hold a P3at in one hand and a Seecamp in the other and go with your gut. It looks like Kel-Tec liked the Seecamp design after seeing them side by side 1AC25455-E3F4-4F9C-881E-3B2D23E899D4.jpeg

Last edited:
Five pages and nobody has mentioned Seecamps. You can get one in .380. The Guardian is a copy of the Seecamp. You want small and pocketable? Seecamp. Hold a P3at in one hand and a Seecamp in the other and go with your gut.

The Seecamp 380 is a world of pain compared anything else mentioned in this thread…. 🤣

The Seecamp 380 is a world of pain compared anything else mentioned in this thread…. 🤣
I can imagine. I have the 32 and I think it’s enough. Especially for a belly gun. I had to get rid of my BG 380 because it made me bleed. At least the Seecamp has the weight of stainless to help.

The pm9 feels like you won't shoot it well, but for some reason it just does. For pocket carry I still think it holds up. If not in a pocket, I appreciate the fuller grip of a 365xl.

I shot a 365, and loved it. It would be great for a typical carry gun in a regular belt holster with regular clothes. The thing I was seeking here was minimal weight and size for carry in summer shorts. I've heard great things about the PM9, but never shot one. I've held a PM40, and it was pretty nice, but that was a long time ago. I wish I could compare a 365 next to a PM9 some time. The other direction I am looking is for a small revolver.

That detachable barrel gun is a hoot. I'd like to get one of those just for the novelty of it. Probably illegal in Massachusetts.

Back
Top Bottom