PA Constitutional Carry

Dim Governor and while majorities in the house and senate for the Repooplicans, they don't have a veto proof majority. DOA.

This. The Gov is a dedicated anti and supported and encouraged the illegal Pittsburgh effort at gun control.

PA has been cursed with bad governors ever since Tom Ridge left office. Ed Rendell drove 90% of businesses out of the state, then the Sandusky cover-up guy didn't last long, and now this piece of shit. This is what happens when Philthydelphia has too much sway on elections.

This. The Gov is a dedicated anti and supported and encouraged the illegal Pittsburgh effort at gun control.

PA has been cursed with bad governors ever since Tom Ridge left office. Ed Rendell drove 90% of businesses out of the state, then the Sandusky cover-up guy didn't last long, and now this piece of shit. This is what happens when Philthydelphia has too much sway on elections.
Philly and PGH. I lived in PGH for 10 years. I was a registered democrap. The only local election that mattered was the democraptic primary. You either vote in that or don't vote. PGH has not elected a R to a city wide position in like 130 years.

Philly and PGH. I lived in PGH for 10 years. I was a registered democrap. The only local election that mattered was the democraptic primary. You either vote in that or don't vote. PGH has not elected a R to a city wide position in like 130 years.

This is true, except that the population of Pittsburgh is, or at least was, very small. No one lived in the city because it was a shithole. I know, I grew up in the south hills. Everyone lived in the suburbs there, and for the most part they were pretty red. The city itself had very little actual effect on elections compared to Philadelphia where there's a much higher population density. I do understand that they're trying to rehab parts of the city and bring people in to live there now, though.

But yes, thanks to the new gerrymandering imposed by the state supreme court most of that area of the state is now solidly blue. My 90 year-old grandfather bitches about it every time I call him.

Last edited:
By not exempting Philadelphia and their "city of first class" status, it's DOA.

Philadelphia already ignores the heck out of existing law.

Philadelphia does not ignore the law anymore. The Commonwealth Supreme Court shot down Philadelphia's added requirements. I fill out the same paperwork as the rest of the commonwealth. Is it harder to get a permit in Philly, no. Will you wait in line and be annoyed, yes. In this city though everything is harder, getting my trash picked up every week can be a challenge at times.

I know we have a small continent on this board and we have a good political board at PAFOA, if you live in PA call your congresspersons and tell them you support this bill. The governor has been willing to play on Sunday hunting and removing the no semi-auto law for deer season, make him want to sign this bill.

Philadelphia does not ignore the law anymore. The Commonwealth Supreme Court shot down Philadelphia's added requirements. I fill out the same paperwork as the rest of the commonwealth. Is it harder to get a permit in Philly, no. Will you wait in line and be annoyed, yes. In this city though everything is harder, getting my trash picked up every week can be a challenge at times.

I know we have a small continent on this board and we have a good political board at PAFOA, if you live in PA call your congresspersons and tell them you support this bill. The governor has been willing to play on Sunday hunting and removing the no semi-auto law for deer season, make him want to sign this bill.

There are plenty of FUDDs in the state that doing things to satisfy them irt hunting is one thing. Going full constitutional carry is going to be something I can't see him ever supporting given his stance on the blatantly illegal Pittsburgh gun control measures and the Defense Distributed plans.

Pretty much like all of the South was until about 1994. Folks of my parents' generation had "Democrat" on their birth certificates.

Sounds like PGH is still stuck in FDR-land.

Philadelphia does not ignore the law anymore. The Commonwealth Supreme Court shot down Philadelphia's added requirements.
I wasn't talking about the requirements to get a license. I was thinking more about the Philadelphia PD's attitude towards people who carry, especially openly.

I wasn't talking about the requirements to get a license. I was thinking more about the Philadelphia PD's attitude towards people who carry, especially openly.

Ah, got ya, this is unique to Philadelphia, you need a carry permit here to open carry.

Back
Top Bottom