Pack and Postal

Why can't I find it... I have had shotgun news on kindle fire for years and never once found Pack and Postal ads?
Gun Digest ? I have not seen this in years ...

Why can't I find it... I have had shotgun news on kindle fire for years and never once found Pack and Postal ads?
Gun Digest ? I have not seen this in years ...

They stopped advertising in Shotgun News (now called Firearms News) a while ago. When I was there to purchase my Luger, I asked where they advertised and the woman said Gun Digest was the only place. It would be nice if they had a web site.

Always suggest calling first to see if they are open. Post auction inventory process typically Joe might close the shop. Has a great amount of knowledge and an incredible amount of spare parts. Ideal for Vintage stuff and some relatively new pre owned guns. They also have vintage ammo and books. This is a great place to visit.

Last edited:
Always suggest calling first to see if they are open. Post auction inventory process typically Ken might close the shop. Has a great amount of knowledge and an incredible amount of spare parts. Ideal for Vintage stuff and some relatively new pre owned guns. They also have vintage ammo and books. This is a great place to visit.

That's just it.... I stumbled across them many years ago when I was broke( I'm now broke again) and since then they have not been open anytime I have been any where near them.

Well again as usual P&P was closed but the door was unlocked and Joe was nice enough to give me a few minutes.
A quick glance is just sensory over load.
Love this place and if I hit the lottery one of the first places I'm going.
The selection is out standing. Lots of different stuff.
Now they are closed until Sept 1st and they will also,have a 4 page add in the Sept Gun Digest.
I need to remember my C&R and a nice roll of cash for my next trip and I hope he has a few of the guns there I liked.

I’m working in Northborough and this place is 20 minutes away. I stopped by and he was open. Mac wasn’t kidding. Lots of stuff. However, all it did was highlight that I have no idea what I’m looking at as far as C&R and antique milsurp guns are concerned. Next time I’ll need to hire a guide to go with me.

I’m working in Northborough and this place is 20 minutes away. I stopped by and he was open. Mac wasn’t kidding. Lots of stuff. However, all it did was highlight that I have no idea what I’m looking at as far as C&R and antique milsurp guns are concerned. Next time I’ll need to hire a guide to go with me.
yes you need to know what you want or looking for or bring enough cash for 1 or 3 of everything!

Has anyone been to Pack and Postal lately? Do they still have a huge inventory of milsurp? I called and a woman answered the phone and said they are open 10-5 Monday through Friday.

How does anyone buy from this place if:
a) Always closed
b) Never answer the phone

Do they run gunraper auctions?
Super Secret Inner Circle Sales
Advertises in gun digest but I never see it on the magazine rack....I'm not subscribing just to see his adds

For the record: he does answer the phone and returns calls also

Super Secret Inner Circle Sales
Advertises in gun digest but I never see it on the magazine rack....I'm not subscribing just to see his adds

For the record: he does answer the phone and returns calls also

I would have to disagree. I called on three separate days at different times and never heard back. Was just asking if they would be open tomorrow. I'm guessing not seeing I never heard back.

I would have to disagree. I called on three separate days at different times and never heard back. Was just asking if they would be open tomorrow. I'm guessing not seeing I never heard back.
I'm sure it happens , I know from the few times I have been in there its not a "retail" setting .

It's 20 minutes from work, so I stop in there periodically. Yes, still chock full of milsurps and practically a museum for Luger P08's. Tons of older, misc rifles and pistols a well. It's just Joe and Erin covering the place, so there will be times when they are away. Nice people and fair prices on quality stuff. If you want to buy something from Joe, he will tell you everything he knows about it (which is more than almost anyone will know) and will give you full disclosure regarding its condition.

Hours as of last time I checked are Monday-Friday 10-4, Saturday 10-2, but as noted above it's advisable to call ahead, 978.368.0910. Pack and Postal's ads so far as I'm aware are only available in Gun Digest, subscription info here, Gun Digest Magazine Subscription - GunDigest Store, $23.99 for one year in print, $19.99 for 18 months electronic edition by e-mail in .pdf format. Joe is part proprietor, part curator, possesses a wealth of knowledge about guns. Also as noted above, the shop isn't primarily a place to look for ammo or accessories.

Is this phone number still good for them? I've been trying to get through to them every saturday for 6 weeks with no luck.

Should I just go by the store next week? Im in Littleton every Saturday and I've been wanting to go by considering it's pretty close by, but always try and call first..

Is this phone number still good for them? I've been trying to get through to them every saturday for 6 weeks with no luck.

Should I just go by the store next week? Im in Littleton every Saturday and I've been wanting to go by considering it's pretty close by, but always try and call first..

I think their hours are ~9-5, M-F. At least those are the times I have seen them open. Yankee holiday today, so probably closed.

Shoot.. I can't make it up there during the week. Maybe sometime I'll make a special trip if only I know they're guaranteed to be open.

Shoot.. I can't make it up there during the week. Maybe sometime I'll make a special trip if only I know they're guaranteed to be open.

Try calling during the week- perhaps they will have Saturday hours but I'd check ahead. Their days open can be a little irregular but a very cool place to visit.

I gave up. I called during normal business hours and nothing. Same thing when I tried to call them on a Saturday. To far to just drive up and hope they are open. Not the greatest customer service, but I get the impression they don't really care one way or the other.

From the few times I talked with him , mail order is 99% of his business. If you get in there you can see it’s not a walk in retail business

yeah definitely not a showroom/storefront kinda place. The people who told me about it said to look for his caddy in the parking lot, if its there then he's there. And he leaves early afternoon Saturday.

From the few times I talked with him , mail order is 99% of his business.

Does he keep an updated inventory on some website? Or does he pretty much only do like Gunbroker auctions? Seems like an odd way to do things if you actually have a "storefront" for FFL purposes.

Does he keep an updated inventory on some website? Or does he pretty much only do like Gunbroker auctions? Seems like an odd way to do things if you actually have a "storefront" for FFL purposes.

He's been around so long he's no doubt grandfathered for that FFL requirement.

I’m going to guess what he does works for him and he must have a strong following that still likes to deal in less technical ways. I still have yet to actual see one of his adds in any publication mentioned over the years. If I had not actually been there a few times I would not believe it’s exsistance

I remember his multi-page ads in Shotgun News back in the 1970s. Joe works auctions as their FFL and I got to meet him at one auction I went to and then head to his place to pick up one gun that wasn't C&R. The place is more like a museum and he the curator, than a gun shop.

I’m going to guess what he does works for him and he must have a strong following that still likes to deal in less technical ways. I still have yet to actual see one of his adds in any publication mentioned over the years. If I had not actually been there a few times I would not believe it’s exsistance

So how do all these remote buyers actually evaluate a piece and make a purchase from a list in some back page mag ad? No pictures, little description, can't reach anyone by phone.

Snail mail on some order form with check enclosed with a sticky note for any requests?

Back
Top Bottom