Paper Cartridges

Does anyone here have any experience with paper cartridges?
Most of my childhood I shot paper cartridges. One day my dad came home with what must have been 12 to 15 cases of old paper 12 gauge shells. He told me those were mine to use, I think he was sick of me going through his reloads lol.

shot them a lot, it was a real pain in the ass with a semi-auto shotgun. for a horizontal dual barrel - no issues. why?
i am surprised such even exist here, i thought it was a thing from the past.

Are you referring to black powder "cartridges" that contain a lead ball and black powder, like the paper cartridges that started the Sepoy Mutiny, or paper centerfire shotshells? Usually when I hear "paper cartridges", I think the first.

shot them a lot, it was a real pain in the ass with a semi-auto shotgun. for a horizontal dual barrel - no issues. why?
i am surprised such even exist here, i thought it was a thing from the past.

My son likes older firearms. His interest was the reason we purchased a TC Hawken, 50 cal muzzle loader which we have fun shooting. He also is interested in getting a flintlock rifle some day.

Are you referring to black powder "cartridges" that contain a lead ball and black powder, like the paper cartridges that started the Sepoy Mutiny, or paper centerfire shotshells? Usually when I hear "paper cartridges", I think the first.

The first, black powder. He just ordered a kit to make paper cartridges and we have a Pietta .36 caliber Navy coming.

Everyone likes something different. Even though he enjoys modern sporting rifles, he has a fascination for black powder weapons.

Back
Top Bottom