Paper Hulled Shotgun Loads

asp

NES Member
Are these collectable? Sell them? Shoot them? They are original, properly stored in a dry location. I have shot a couple and they work fine, maybe a little weak. Not sure how old, I'm guessing from the 60's. School me. Thanks!

I don't know about collecting them but in a single shot or double barrel SG I would think they would work fine. Don't know how they would hold up being loaded from a magazine or a tube.

I actually shot about 50 of these recently, some were good some were weak. Watch out of the paper to be somewhat swollen, one got stuck in the chamber of my friends 870. I think I saw new ones for sale on slickguns so I doubt they are collectable, I would just shoot them.

Last edited:
Are these collectable? Sell them? Shoot them? They are original, properly stored in a dry location. I have shot a couple and they work fine, maybe a little weak. Not sure how old, I'm guessing from the 60's. School me. Thanks!

Depends. Federal still makes paper shells (available at Cabellas for about $10/box). If yours are old you may be able to find their worth/collectability HERE

Back
Top Bottom