Paramedic shot

Sadly this is nothing new. When I was an EMT in Connecticut I knew some guys who worked AMR in Hartford and had taken fire, and some of their ambulances sported bullet holes. Usually gang banger initiation or "youths" who think it's funny to shoot at anybody in uniform.

I had people pull knives on me. But luckily it was the time before cell phone cameras. Corrective action "was taken"

I remember many years ago when I lived in HydePark (70s) asking my dad why would they shoot at the firemen? There seemed to be a a lot of that going on then? I also remember hearing reports of trash trucks getting shot up.

Im not sure if the amount of these incidents has really increased or not vs the increase in the population and the reporting.
Fights and stabbings at the city pools where not uncommon ( when the pools where actually open) What I have to say the major increase is the lack of accountability our government has put on these individuals and the increased restrictions on the individual to protect themselves.

When I was working as a paramedic my ambulance got shot at and both me and my partners have had knives drawn on us. The world seems to be getting more and more violent.

Back
Top Bottom