• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Parents getting their LTCs!

So I called my Dad today to check in on them post the snowstorm. Mom's still recovering from a knee replacement surgery and I was hoping they were ok. They fared well in CT this pass, which is better than most with all their trees. I asked what the the plans are this weekend and to my surprise they are both attending the NRA basic class tomorrow at the gun shop my brother works at. My mom is even bringing brownies to ensure they pass. Lol! I guess the instructor is their garbageman from the last 20 years and just loves her brownies when they show up with my brother at the shop. Part of me is very surprised that they are doing this. There has never been an interest beyond my brother and I. But the better part of me knows they are fed up with the establishment. Better to get the permit and be able to use it when you want/need to then to not have it at all. It's not like they are getting younger. Before I hung up I said half jokingly, just so you're aware, once you get them you'll both likely be on the domestic terrorist watch list. His reply. **** 'em! Very proud of my Mom and Dad today - despite our other differences in beliefs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice.

I thought this was going to be about a bunch of parents from the kids' school who wanted LTC's. I've got some of that going on.

My dad has his. Mom has been asking me when I can teach the class to her [laugh] Girlfriend turned to me today and said that she needs to get a license and her own carry gun. Winning!!!

Very cool to hear.
I took the Conceal Carry I class last week at MFS(while my wife was taking her permit class) and I was surprised at how many
older married couples were in the conceal carry class I was in.

Back
Top Bottom