Parts Placement

DarthRevan

NES Member
So I’m sitting around last night and the thought occurred to me that I’m not sure I’m happy with my set up.

41BF3663-F73E-4A6D-B193-E7792BAE1E57.jpeg

On the 5.56 I have my sling qd point as far forward as it can and the grip up underneath it. I grab both the sling and the grip with my off hand while shooting. Eventually I will add white lights and so now the concern is, because the grip is that far forward, is there going to be enough space for a switch pad off set up front?
Being as tall as I am, I’m more comfortable with the grip out that far but should I pull it back for a better alignment?

What have you guys done?

How did you have so much trouble plugging things into that outlet?

Work on your aim...
I would never paint the faceplate of an outlet.
This is just the left overs of the previous owners, I still need to dump money getting my basement up to my standards.

Ditch the grip?
I’d prefer not to.
Maybe if I have the light on the left rails towards the front, and the switch on the top, slide the grip back a bit that’ll work.

Last edited:
If your hand is right next to the light why do you even need a switch pad? Why would you sacrifice your comfort and change your shooting stance for a light? If you're really all about the light/switch pad why not get a longer handguard so you have more room in front of your grip?

If your hand is right next to the light why do you even need a switch pad? Why would you sacrifice your comfort and change your shooting stance for a light? If you're really all about the light/switch pad why not get a longer handguard so you have more room in front of your grip?
I was thinking I’d have the light at 9 or offset from top and the switch at 12 since I’m trying to keep the sling point as far forward as possible. With this rifle the hand guard can’t be replaced with a longer one unless I change the upper receiver unfortunately.

I always forget about the offset Mlok. Could you mount a light between sling QD and foregrip? Switch at 9? Or the upper offset Mlok?

Last edited:
This is what you get for being a southpaw.

No, but seriously, why do you want the sling all the way to the front? Have you considered moving the mount?

So I’m sitting around last night and the thought occurred to me that I’m not sure I’m happy with my set up.

View attachment 690191

On the 5.56 I have my sling qd point as far forward as it can and the grip up underneath it. I grab both the sling and the grip with my off hand while shooting. Eventually I will add white lights and so now the concern is, because the grip is that far forward, is there going to be enough space for a switch pad off set up front?
Being as tall as I am, I’m more comfortable with the grip out that far but should I pull it back for a better alignment?

What have you guys done?
I’m not a fan of pressure pads for my white lights on my rifles. The way I set my light and foregrip up allows me to get a perfect grip for me with the push button right at my thumb if I want/need it on. As civilians if we need to wash a target at night with white light we will probably need it to stay on for proper target id and engagement hence no pressure pad for me. U need a couple camo jobs my friend😂

I’m not a fan of pressure pads for my white lights on my rifles. The way I set my light and foregrip up allows me to get a perfect grip for me with the push button right at my thumb if I want/need it on. As civilians if we need to wash a target at night with white light we will probably need it to stay on for proper target id and engagement hence no pressure pad for me. U need a couple camo jobs my friend😂
Soon.
I’m going to try it out on a 1/2 price rifle I’m picking up this week.

This is what you get for being a southpaw.

No, but seriously, why do you want the sling all the way to the front? Have you considered moving the mount?
The guys at Ridgeline strongly recommend it. Felt more stable moving my sling out during a course there so I at least have some anecdotal evidence of improvement.

The guys at Ridgeline strongly recommend it. Felt more stable moving my sling out during a course there so I at least have some anecdotal evidence of improvement.
Makes sense. I'm a noob, and still learning how I like these things on my own gear. But if I found things felt too crowded up there, that's the first thing I would try moving around. That said, if it seemed to improve things for you there's no point in stepping backwards if you don't have to.

(Anecdotally, John Lovell [WPS] seems to like his sling somewhere around the middle of his handguard.)

Looks like there might be enough clearance from the sling mount at the end, 1 o’clock, for a unity hot button and the light goes wherever you want. No idea what kind of switch you’re looking for. Momentary on, momentary/constant on or maybe both plus momentary off.

Looks like there might be enough clearance from the sling mount at the end, 1 o’clock, for a unity hot button and the light goes wherever you want. No idea what kind of switch you’re looking for. Momentary on, momentary/constant on or maybe both plus momentary off.
I was considering the switch there too.
I haven’t thought that far yet in which light system. I just know it’ll be a bit of an adjustment from the current setup.

Back
Top Bottom