Pat McNamara Combat Strength Training

Pat's new eBook just dropped.

http://combatstrengthtraining.com/

Its $16, and I grabbed it. It's pretty short, and if you've read TAPS, then you pretty much know what you are in for. He pulls even less punches in this 'book'. I put book in quotes because it's pretty short (40 pages or so?). I am NOT a fitness guy whatsoever, although I've always been in decent shape.

I skimmed the whole thing, and he does a good job explaining his philosophy overall. Its not so much a guided workout plan, although he gives you plenty of exercises. At first glance, it seems more like a 'system' that you could make adjustments and tailor some of the exercises and workouts. I plan on working some of this stuff into my shooting workouts like you see in his TMACS videos. I've incorporated body weight type exercises, and I'm already seeing a difference.

He stresses the idea of performance based training vs. outcome based training, which is something I totally agree with. Anyways, I think its a little over-priced, but I like his philosophy and writing style, so I have it now. I'll post more thoughts as I get time to digest it.

Reading and incorporating the workouts into my training, on and off the range, as well. I'm surprised this thread didn't get more hits. I will post some of the exercises I take from this once I try them if you like. Should be fun to cross reference and steal stuff from each other as we steal it from Mac. I'm going to rig up some torture devices on my range for use in workouts, tractor tire, pull up rack, etc.

Reading and incorporating the workouts into my training, on and off the range, as well. I'm surprised this thread didn't get more hits. I will post some of the exercises I take from this once I try them if you like. Should be fun to cross reference and steal stuff from each other as we steal it from Mac. I'm going to rig up some torture devices on my range for use in workouts, tractor tire, pull up rack, etc.

Yeah. I don't have the means to setup some of his cooler stuff on an outdoor range. I've just taken his philosophy/methodology and started mixing it into my training at work as best as possible. Trying to re-design the work gym at the moment.

Really excited for his panteo videos.

Yeah. I don't have the means to setup some of his cooler stuff on an outdoor range. I've just taken his philosophy/methodology and started mixing it into my training at work as best as possible. Trying to re-design the work gym at the moment.

Dude you can do so much with just regular body weight, some iron, and a good old fashioned sandbag. Buy a canvas duffle bag and fill it with tube sand, awesome training aid. Pat uses tires, sledgehammers, all common use things to train.

Last edited:
I plan on incorporating this book into my work out, I've already purchased it and have read it a couple times.... just waiting on recovering from my hurt back. It is a good read.

Some time has passed since this thread was started. How have the workouts been working for you all. This is something that I REALLY need to get into and using the machines at the gym is just not for me, although wouldn't rule out anything. Is there anything around here that is similar to what he teaches that one can go to on a regular basis rather than traveling for a 1 day class?

Back
Top Bottom