• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pat Rogers has passed away.

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Another Marine reports to the Gates of Heaven on his way to Valhalla.

He had a great sense of humor and I really enjoyed his writing style.

I especially liked the way he conducted his range training with respect to the context of self defense.

He was the Range Master for my 250 class at Gunsite in 1997.

I was standing next to Dick Kramer when he took the photo of Pat that became part of this image. Quantico 2007.

Gang of Four.jpg

I last saw Pat at a friend's retirement at the National Museum of the Marine Corps in December.

Fair winds and following seas brother.

Last edited:
Andy sent me a text today while I was out on the boat of Pat's passing.I had no words. I never met Pat but he seemed like a friend. My first recollection of reading something he wrote was he used BFE and crank in an article. I thought here is someone who talks like a sailor. But he was a Marine. I asked him questions on forums and he always anserwed them. I learned alot from his AARs on Lightfighter and his SWAT articles. Alot of people think he was just a gun guy/shooter which he was but like most Marines he was a History Professor. He was a seeker of knowledge always asking for a reference during discussions of miltary/police TTPs etc. "we are dimenished" is his comment he would post on passings of other Americans I understood it today. Prayers to family and friends.

From Tumbler:

Pat Rogers, 1964, aboard USS San Marcos LSD 25 as part of the ARG.

tumblr_mzvyeoBvax1qzibzio1_500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom