Pat Rogers has passed away.

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Another Marine reports to the Gates of Heaven on his way to Valhalla.

He had a great sense of humor and I really enjoyed his writing style.

I especially liked the way he conducted his range training with respect to the context of self defense.

He was the Range Master for my 250 class at Gunsite in 1997.

I was standing next to Dick Kramer when he took the photo of Pat that became part of this image. Quantico 2007.

Gang of Four.jpg

I last saw Pat at a friend's retirement at the National Museum of the Marine Corps in December.

Fair winds and following seas brother.

Last edited:
Andy sent me a text today while I was out on the boat of Pat's passing.I had no words. I never met Pat but he seemed like a friend. My first recollection of reading something he wrote was he used BFE and crank in an article. I thought here is someone who talks like a sailor. But he was a Marine. I asked him questions on forums and he always anserwed them. I learned alot from his AARs on Lightfighter and his SWAT articles. Alot of people think he was just a gun guy/shooter which he was but like most Marines he was a History Professor. He was a seeker of knowledge always asking for a reference during discussions of miltary/police TTPs etc. "we are dimenished" is his comment he would post on passings of other Americans I understood it today. Prayers to family and friends.

From Tumbler:

Pat Rogers, 1964, aboard USS San Marcos LSD 25 as part of the ARG.

tumblr_mzvyeoBvax1qzibzio1_500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom