Patricia Haddad (D) Somerset MA PRO 2A

So I've been waiting for 9 weeks for a response to my LTC application. I took the course on Saturday 9/8/12 and picked up an application at the town PD the same day. While there I asked about an appt and was told the licensing officer had an opening 3 days later on the 11th. The interview was friendly and quick. I was NOT required to provide any letters of reference or letter of intent. Again until now the experience was smooth. After the interview the licensing officer told me there was a back log at MSP and I could expect a call from him in 6-8 weeks.

After waiting 8 weeks I decided to call the PD...I was told "nothing here yet, but no news is typically good news." Now I decided to email Patricia Haddad this morning and attempt to get an answer. I nicely emailed her my info, the MGL chapter 140 reg. of 40 days blah blah blah.

Wouldn't you know 5 hours later I received a phone call from Pat with an answer. We were on the phone for 10 minutes. I was told my license was being printed up and if I didn't get it sometime next week to call her again. She stated the "back log is untrue, that the PDs usually wait and send the applications every 2-4 weeks for processing. Pat even went on to state she is PRO 2A and that her brother, son and husband carry every day. She stated she will help anyone else with this issue. She said "tell them to email me."

Sorry for the long post. I can't wait. Now e question is what to buy? What to buy?

Nice. An actual pro-gun dem, am I still alive?

Good that she actually serves her constituants.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

To the OP, if it's Somerset your talking about it's a very green town. My last renewal had been in for a couple of weeks but nobody called. The officer who does the licensing is the only one doing it along with his other reponsibilites. glad to hear Rep. Haddad helped you out.

To the OP, if it's Somerset your talking about it's a very green town. My last renewal had been in for a couple of weeks but nobody called. The officer who does the licensing is the only one doing it along with his other reponsibilites. glad to hear Rep. Haddad helped you out.

Definitely Somerset. I do agree it's a green town. The licensing officer (Sgt. Det. Jay Borges) was great and yes he is the only one doing it along with daily duties. Just bugs me the cities/towns & state point the blame each other.

Definitely Somerset. I do agree it's a green town. The licensing officer (Sgt. Det. Jay Borges) was great and yes he is the only one doing it along with daily duties. Just bugs me the cities/towns & state point the blame each other.

When did it change? When I did my renewal last year it was Capt. Moniz.

This is outstanding and something everyone should be doing. Gun owners in MA are actually starting to create a little critical mass, but it won't do any good if you don't let your elected officials know you're there. So many folks won't bother contacting their state rep or senator or their town selectman because they think it won't make a difference. It probably won't if you're the ONLY one who ever complains. The squeaky wheel gets greased people. Most elected officials are not going to ignore a series of similar inquires from their constituents. A defeatist attitude often leads us to becoming our own worst enemies.

Be out, be proud.

Pat Haddad actually sent me a letter in regards to all the new proposed laws and aftermath of Newtown. Im assuming in response to the Ruger and S&W email blast. She is very much still Pro2a

Wish I read this last year. I waited 6 MONTHS for the town of Dighton to issue and my son waited 9 months for his FID!

Very nice. There are some good, conservative Dems out there, although few and far between. My Rep., Jim Miceli, is a good guy too. Just gotta work to get the bad guys out when elections come around.

So, there are several people here from Somerset...

Very nice!

We'll all have to hit the elbow lounge for some beers.

I saw Capt Moniz at the Rise a few weeks ago, he was talking about sick time from work... Said he hasn't taken a sick day for 25 years. They don't make many cops like him any more. My last renewal he went into a rant about Obama, pretty funny! He's alright in my book.

Is that the same pat haddad that taught girl's gym back when I was in school? Nice growing up in a small town. I think we were neighbors

Haddad is a cosponsor of the current bill to destroy our 2nd amendment rights. You may want to edit that title

Haddad is a cosponsor of the current bill to destroy our 2nd amendment rights. You may want to edit that title

Ya I posted about her in the DeLeo thread. I was surprised and disappointed to see her name on the list. I will be sending a letter

update: Sent e mail No response yet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom