• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Patrol Rifle & Ammo Stolen From Parked MSP Cruiser

Section 131L: Weapons stored or kept by owner; inoperable by any person other than owner or lawfully authorized user; punishment​

Section 131L. (a) It shall be unlawful to store or keep any firearm, rifle or shotgun including, but not limited to, large capacity weapons, or machine gun in any place unless such weapon is secured in a locked container or equipped with a tamper-resistant mechanical lock or other safety device, properly engaged so as to render such weapon inoperable by any person other than the owner or other lawfully authorized user. It shall be unlawful to store or keep any stun gun in any place unless such weapon is secured in a locked container accessible only to the owner or other lawfully authorized user. For purposes of this section, such weapon shall not be deemed stored or kept if carried by or under the control of the owner or other lawfully authorized user.

(b) A violation of this section shall be punished, in the case of a firearm, rifle or shotgun that is not a large capacity weapon, by a fine of not less than $1000 nor more than $7,500 or by imprisonment for not more than 1.5 years or by both such fine and imprisonment and, in the case of a large capacity weapon or machine gun, by a fine of not less than $2,000 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than 1.5 years nor more than 12 years or by both such fine and imprisonment.

(c) A violation of this section shall be punished, in the case of a rifle or shotgun that is not a large capacity weapon and the weapon was stored or kept in a place where a person younger than 18 years of age who does not possess a valid firearm identification card issued under section 129B may have access without committing an unforeseeable trespass, by a fine of not less than $2,500 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than 1.5 years nor more than 12 years or by both such fine and imprisonment.

(d) A violation of this section shall be punished, in the case of a rifle or shotgun that is a large capacity weapon, firearm or machine gun that was stored or kept in a place where a person younger than 18 years of age may have access without committing an unforeseeable trespass, by a fine of not less than $10,000 nor more than $20,000 or by imprisonment for not less than 4 years nor more than 15 years or by both such fine and imprisonment.

(e) A violation of the provisions of this section shall be evidence of wanton or reckless conduct in any criminal or civil proceeding if a person under the age of 18 who was not a trespasser or was a foreseeable trespasser acquired access to a weapon, unless such person possessed a valid firearm identification card issued under section 129B and was permitted by law to possess such weapon, and such access results in the personal injury to or the death of any person.

(f) This section shall not apply to the storage or keeping of any firearm, rifle or shotgun with matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar type of ignition system manufactured in or prior to the year 1899, or to any replica of any such firearm, rifle or shotgun if such replica is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition.

=========================

but qualified immunity, y'all

police are the real sovereign citizens.

I don't think the state police in MA use the traditional weapon mounted Racks in most of their cars.. they probably keep the rifles in "trunk" or a stupid slid out/lock box. I have a picture of the set up somewhere.. but google photos isn't cooperating

if it's a setup like this and you know how to pull pins......it's gone

SC-917-MR_700x700px.jpg
The box I saw in a troopers SUV at HSC was on the drivers side rear in a locked steel box.

Every time that I know of an ltc holder having a gun stolen they have had their license pulled. But a cop can leave a pistol in the recycling bin on the street and it was just a mistake. And yes I'm aware that the police can not suspend an ltc just because a person reports their gun stolen.

I’ll just as likely believe it was the cop who stole it and is covering it up with a fake theft story as someone actually stealing it. They are liars and should not be trusted. If it was stolen, good. Schadenfreude.

You notice they use the term "patrol rifle" as it would be less alarming to the sheeple when we all know it's an AR15. [rofl]
It is to legitimize the use of a "weapon of WARRRRR" which is designed to kill as many people as quickly as possible and will cut a human torso in half with one shot.

Is this confirmation you can FA10 a AR or M16 as a "patrol rifle"?

serious....... not serious...... maybe serious

Section 131L: Weapons stored or kept by owner; inoperable by any person other than owner or lawfully authorized user; punishment​

Section 131L. (a) It shall be unlawful to store or keep any firearm, rifle or shotgun including, but not limited to, large capacity weapons, or machine gun in any place unless such weapon is secured in a locked container or equipped with a tamper-resistant mechanical lock or other safety device, properly engaged so as to render such weapon inoperable by any person other than the owner or other lawfully authorized user. It shall be unlawful to store or keep any stun gun in any place unless such weapon is secured in a locked container accessible only to the owner or other lawfully authorized user. For purposes of this section, such weapon shall not be deemed stored or kept if carried by or under the control of the owner or other lawfully authorized user.

(b) A violation of this section shall be punished, in the case of a firearm, rifle or shotgun that is not a large capacity weapon, by a fine of not less than $1000 nor more than $7,500 or by imprisonment for not more than 1.5 years or by both such fine and imprisonment and, in the case of a large capacity weapon or machine gun, by a fine of not less than $2,000 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than 1.5 years nor more than 12 years or by both such fine and imprisonment.

(c) A violation of this section shall be punished, in the case of a rifle or shotgun that is not a large capacity weapon and the weapon was stored or kept in a place where a person younger than 18 years of age who does not possess a valid firearm identification card issued under section 129B may have access without committing an unforeseeable trespass, by a fine of not less than $2,500 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than 1.5 years nor more than 12 years or by both such fine and imprisonment.

(d) A violation of this section shall be punished, in the case of a rifle or shotgun that is a large capacity weapon, firearm or machine gun that was stored or kept in a place where a person younger than 18 years of age may have access without committing an unforeseeable trespass, by a fine of not less than $10,000 nor more than $20,000 or by imprisonment for not less than 4 years nor more than 15 years or by both such fine and imprisonment.

(e) A violation of the provisions of this section shall be evidence of wanton or reckless conduct in any criminal or civil proceeding if a person under the age of 18 who was not a trespasser or was a foreseeable trespasser acquired access to a weapon, unless such person possessed a valid firearm identification card issued under section 129B and was permitted by law to possess such weapon, and such access results in the personal injury to or the death of any person.

(f) This section shall not apply to the storage or keeping of any firearm, rifle or shotgun with matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar type of ignition system manufactured in or prior to the year 1899, or to any replica of any such firearm, rifle or shotgun if such replica is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition.

=========================

but qualified immunity, y'all
This officer was reckless, and endangered the lives of millions in the commonwealth. I would like to see the law upheld here. If they don't enforce this law. I would hope they over turn it. If you don't want to enforce the laws, get rid of them. No more double standards.

They wouldn’t charge one of their own over this sort of thing. Unless, of course, some gets a hair up their butt.

Maybe we can get a Class action lawsuit going ? The citizens of the commonwealth have been Irreparably damaged. This has caused psychological pain & anguish.

I’ll just as likely believe it was the cop who stole it and is covering it up with a fake theft story as someone actually stealing it. They are liars and should not be trusted. If it was stolen, good. Schadenfreude.
Lots of cruisers have internal and external dash cams.

99% certain Boston definitely does. Menino made a big stink about not wanting machine guns on his streets. They might even still use something other than AR pattern rifles, not sure.
BPD has special "gun cars" for patrol rifles.
Standard BPD patrol cars don't have shotguns, those are Supervisors deployment only. Dumb that standard cars don't have beanbag rounds.

I was on Martha’s Vineyard last year.

Town cop had a suppressor on his (cough) patrol rifle in the front seat of his town (not state) cruiser.

Love the hypocrisy.

Guns and suppressors for me but no for thy

Bite me!

Town cop had a suppressor on his (cough) patrol rifle in the front seat of his town (not state) cruiser.

Love the hypocrisy.

Bite me!
What a relief! Wouldn't want to wake all the rich folks if you gotta use it.

Love the hypocrisy.

Cut em' some slack, you know those rich people don't want to be bothered by the sound of gunfire while the cops are repelling those hordes of illegal aliens.

Back
Top Bottom