• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PC carbine and Glock happy sticks

1903Collector

NES Member
Anyone here try one of the extended Glock or aftermarket mags in the Ruger PC carbine? All the ones I have seen for sale are U notch and the Ruger manual says the gun won't work with U notch mags, but I have also heard they will work.

I did a write up like 2 years ago when I got one and had issues. It was caused by the Glock mag insert from Ruger. Once it was replaced, everything ran fine using all kinds of ammo and all kinds of mags.

Relevant thread
I made it to the range today. Here is what I discovered:
1:Installed the SR9 magazine well insert. 20 rounds of Win white box and 20 rounds of reloads ran perfectly.
2: Installed Glock 9 magazine well insert. Tested 8 different glock mags from variety of generations and a few non glock mags. Failure to eject at almost every round. (I think I had 4 or 5 that ejected properly, but next round failed)
3: I had an extra Glock 9 magazine well insert that I purchased from Brownells the night I order the PC carbine. (I didnt know that it came with one from the factory). I installed the new Glock 9 insert, and had zero failures with any of the glock magazines. I put about 300 rounds thru it using up the rest of the win white box and my reloads.

Overall very happy once I got it running correctly. Clearly the Glock magazine well insert that came with the rifle is defective. By eye, I cannot see anything different between the 2 glock well inserts, but clearly they are not identical.

View attachment 246169 View attachment 246170

Back
Top Bottom