• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PC Social Media or Deny Gun Buy

Benefits, disadvantages, and laying wagers on whether the state ACLU will file amicus brief with GOAL to try to strike it down.

BH said:
Boston developer John Rosenthal, founder of Stop Handgun Violence, said the potential Empire State bill could also work well in the Bay State. “That kind of background information could help determine whether someone should be considered a prohibited buyer or not,” Rosenthal said.

The social media and internet review would look to target any evidence of hate speech, something that Rosenthal said could be a key factor in identifying those who may not be qualified to own a gun. “It’s a very toxic combination and common thread among mass shooters between a history of hate speech online prior to them actually executing mass shootings,” he said.

Chris Pinto, chairman of Massachusetts Gun Rights Inc., said the idea of social media checks is “ridiculous.”. “I think it’s dangerous. It infringes upon all sorts of rights ... It’s bad in so many ways,”

Pinto comes the closest to the key phrase "Unconstitutional infringement on First, Second, Fourth & Fifth amendment rights". They should've figured out some way to include housing your own monitoring officer at your home so they could go for the quinfecta of civil liberty violations.

Benefits, disadvantages, and laying wagers on whether the state ACLU will file amicus brief with GOAL to try to strike it down.

Pinto comes the closest to the key phrase "Unconstitutional infringement on First, Second, Fourth & Fifth amendment rights". They should've figured out some way to include housing your own monitoring officer at your home so they could go for the quinfecta of civil liberty violations.

Just wait until they tie it to ERPO so you get the 6th and 14th amendment violations tossed in as well. Honestly, not sure how they could possibly violate the 3rd, but I'm certain they would if they could figure out how.

I could easily see a CoP using people’s social media to mark them as unsuitable in the near future. This fight for the 2A will last our entire lifetimes if it doesn’t implode into violence before then.

Back
Top Bottom