• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PCC people

Why PCC? Because .22’s got boring once my kids were grown, I already had plenty of handgun ammo just sitting there and can use that as opposed to digging into my rifle caliber caches, it was cheaper to shoot than rifle calibers prior to the latest ammo panic, I’m SBR’ing mine to make it actually useful in a home defense situation in terms of handling and I’m less worried about over overpenetration with a PCC than a rifle caliber. My scorpion is also just a very cool piece of hardware purpose built for the caliber with none of the drawbacks of building a frankenstein 9mm AR (which I considered and promptly ignored). YMMV.

I’m completely ignoring the potential to scavenge 9mm from any number of sources in a SHTF scenario here in the US given just about every licensed gun owner has a 9mm and numerous law enforcement agencies carry it. That’s like an added bonus in Apocalypse Bingo...

I tried a bunch of semi auto PCC's in 45 and 9mm. The original Ruger PC carbine, Kel Tec, new Ruger PC, Hi Point 45, and others. Ended up selling them all. If I had to shoot at an indoor range, I'd probably still have one.

I do have a lever Rossi 92 in .357/.38 which I am super happy with though.

My favorite rifle is the m1 carbine, I've got a couple. It is kind of like a PCC, .30 carbine is pretty similar to .357 magnum, and is satisfying to shoot metal plates at 100 yards.

Is the AR9 direct blowback?

was interesting to me that Hickok45 spent time on so few failures over so many rds fired especially on a brand new rifle and even more especially in view of how he was able to shoot the thing, amazing...

Is the AR9 direct blowback?

was interesting to me that Hickok45 spent time on so few failures over so many rds fired especially on a brand new rifle and even more especially in view of how he was able to shoot the thing, amazing...

Most are. CMMG has a really neat one with a radial delay blowback system similar to a DI AR’s BCG, but without the gas.

It was more a hypothetical coming off OP's video of "How far will a 9mm kill". For purposes of civil discussion, I would like to assume the scenario as a defensive one instead of just plain murder one.

view the vids as an demonstration of the incredible potential/utility of this very useful-practical and dare I say 'bullet proof' design with perhaps the need to put a great deal of thought into ammo selection after seeing that complete penetration of a ballistic torso was achieved at such a great distance-it was very surprising to me.

Most are. CMMG has a really neat one with a radial delay blowback system similar to a DI AR’s BCG, but without the gas.
how sensitive will be AR9 blowback system to a crappy dirty wolf and tula 9mm?
one of the reasons for me to go with x95 was the fact it will be running fine pretty much crazy dirty with no issues.

how sensitive will be AR9 blowback system to a crappy dirty wolf and tula 9mm?
one of the reasons for me to go with x95 was the fact it will be running fine pretty much crazy dirty with no issues.

“it depends”

Many use heavy buffer systems to minimize the harsher direct blowback recoil. Those heavy buffer systems are going to be harder for weaker Russian/cheap ammo to cycle.

The X95 is a fantastic home defense gun. Rifle calibers have massively more “stopping power” than pistol calibers. Only downside is the blast and flash in tight quarters. If you don’t mind it, then definitely go rifle. A PCC is a big step up in controllability over a pistol, but a rifle carbine then adds a big step up in rapidly stopping a threat.

“it depends”
Many use heavy buffer systems to minimize the harsher direct blowback recoil. Those heavy buffer systems are going to be harder for weaker Russian/cheap ammo to cycle.
well, it is my concern too as i do not know for how long tula/wolf will remain the only affordable option.

My BIL got one of these:
Faxon Bantam 16" 9mm Pistol Caliber Carbine

put a red dot on it and has a large ragged hole shooter at 59-65 yd max of the field he shoots in.
His purpose is home defense / riot control and anything outside 50-75 yd is questionable anyway.
So recapping, cheap to run, plenty accurate, effective defense ammo, readily available mags and my sister can shoot nearly as well as my BIL can.

Seems legit to me

My main reason for going with a PCC is because I have an insane amount 9mm ammo. I love the PCC for home defense. It’s very comfortable, like all the room I have to mount different components, points naturally and just makes sense.

They are fun as hell. Don't really need a better reason than that, do I?
Oh they also need to be SBR'd. A 16" barrel on a PCC is stupid.

Would I choose a PCC over an AR in a serious scenario? No.
Do PCC's always end up in my trunk every range day? You betcha.

Currently own an MP5 clone, a Vector, an AR9 and a CZ scorpion. Looking to add an uzi to the stable next year.

(Didn't watch the whole video, but) he highlighted how
he had absolutely drenched the action in lube.

Which implies to me that he probably had also stripped off any
manufacturing/shipping anti-corrosive grease.

Some fraction of guns that run poorly straight out of the box
run poorly because they haven't been cleaned up.
That's not the case with the item in that video.

So the gun had that going for it.
Which is nice.

What I like about a 9mm PCC-ish thing is it's quiet and still effective. Good for your ears? - no. But if I actually wanted to defend myself or even just drop an offending fox/coyote/racoon etc, I can do so minus protection without my ears ringing.

Additionally, although it might be deadly to some long distance it's not rifle deadly for long after passing through a wall or for 800 yards.

Outside of that they are just toys, going to grab an actual rifle caliber most of the time for 100 yards.

My 10mm PPC came out of the idea of having a rifle share my G20 & G29’s caliber. Common caliber makes it easy to carry more ammo(same ammo). I also love 10mm and reload it. Someday I’ll get a revolver in 10mm.

Sometimes I wonder if I should dump everything and get a nice 357 lever, a "big" 357 revolver and a "small" 357 revolver.

i dont get the point of a PCC

if i wanted to shoot a rifle, id want to shoot it in a rifle caliber

if i wanted to shoot a pistol caliber, id shoot it out of a pistol

we should just call PCC's transgender firearms from now on

Even without the can a 9mm PCC is way quieter than a 5.56 rifle. Or at least it has way less concussion. If I shoot a 16" AR and my 16" Skorp 9mm indoors, the Skorp is
probably the most docile thing that isn't a .22 LR, that I've ever fired on an indoor range in terms of blast/concussion/loudness. It's still going to be f***ing loud, but it won't quite punch you in the skull the same way.

I have a skorp.... will I ever get another PCC? Yes, but only if it is an SMG and not strictly semiauto. [laugh] It better have pictograms on the side of it or S-E-F.
Can I touch your giggle switch?

OP.. Why PCCs are cool? If you have the question, then you ain't cool bro.

High-brow PCCs are reliable to a f***ing fault. I'd actually say they run better than MOST ARs, so there's that too.

i dont get the point of a PCC

if i wanted to shoot a rifle, id want to shoot it in a rifle caliber

if i wanted to shoot a pistol caliber, id shoot it out of a pistol

we should just call PCC's transgender firearms from now on

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT7pFSfVZBI

I think you're thinking of Fotay pistols and PCCs.... weak b8 m8.

I want one because I prefer the size and maneuverability of a sub gun.
The full auto feature would be nice.

I know you can do it all with an ar abr, but they aren't as legendary as the mp5,mp7,ump etc

Back
Top Bottom