PCCs legal in MA?

Are pistol caliber AR carbines legal to transfer in MA? Angstadt Arms in particular

Last edited:
miss read... deleted my original reply

There are some off the shelf ones for sale and I’m 99% sure the AR ones are as they are blowback.

Are pistol caliber AR carbines legal to transfer in MA? Angstadt Arms in particular

Do they make a 16" barrel version? If so then it's just a question of whether it's AR-pattern, those are hard to find cause of the AG.

If it's the pistol version sold in free states, then it's illegal in Mass due to AWB, and you'd have to SBR it to make it legal.

Do they make a 16" barrel version? If so then it's just a question of whether it's AR-pattern, those are hard to find cause of the AG.

If it's the pistol version sold in free states, then it's illegal in Mass due to AWB, and you'd have to SBR it to make it legal.
Even if "AR-pattern"
  1. There is no Healey, pre-Healey, etc. She held a press conference
  2. Should you care, a 9mm AR-pattern rifle still passes her bullshit tests. Blow back. non-interoperability of components, etc
You are correct, you need to abide by the AWB as written in the law. pistol config PCC are unlikely to be lawful because of the AWB. Rifle config need to limit evil features

Even if "AR-pattern"
  1. There is no Healey, pre-Healey, etc. She held a press conference
  2. Should you care, a 9mm AR-pattern rifle still passes her bullshit tests. Blow back. non-interoperability of components, etc
You are correct, you need to abide by the AWB as written in the law. pistol config PCC are unlikely to be lawful because of the AWB. Rifle config need to limit evil features
Are you saying that I could not buy a 9mm Noveske lower and SBR it?

I want to build this...

8.5" Gen 4 Noveske Space Invader SBR

This is a 16", 9mm, AR-pattern carbine, not a pistol. I was told that since its a pistol caliber, it is legal to transfer and I want to confirm if that that's right.

Really? Why the F is the ATF taking orders from Healy????????
I believe this was only for a brief time and is no longer the case. Healy means nothing legally, except to frightened dealers. But I’m sure you can do a little searching on NES to confirm.

Because of the AGs bullshit exict it depends on the inbounding FFL. Some won't touch anything AR related others would do a .22 or a PCC no problem.

Obviously even with a willing dealer the thing needs to be real awb compliant. (Same standards as old fed awb)

The ATF was (and still is AFAIK) asking for proof that a lower is pre-Healy before approving SBRs
That's long dead. Someone killed that. File away.

I believe this was only for a brief time and is no longer the case. Healy means nothing legally, except to frightened dealers. But I’m sure you can do a little searching on NES to confirm.

That’s good to hear! I must have missed it! (I had to send proof of purchase in for my last stamp which was soon after the Healy BS).

"As long as it's 9mm, 45acp and such it's good to go,.. " Said by one of my FFL's,.. after I purchased a New Frontier Armory AR9 lower from him and inquired about ordering a GMR-15,...

This is a 16", 9mm, AR-pattern carbine, not a pistol. I was told that since its a pistol caliber, it is legal to transfer and I want to confirm if that that's right.

It's legal for sure, but might be hard to find an FFL willing to transfer it, due to AG harrassment.

As long as it passes the features test, it’s legal. If someone is willing to transfer/sell it to you, do what makes you happy.

Back
Top Bottom