PELHAM FISH & GAME CLUB

Anyone have any info on how to become a member at the pelham gun club for my fiancee and i any help would be much appreciated.

Can anyone tell me where things stand with 600 yard shooting at Pelham, and whether they're building pits or if it will be walk-and-paste?

In a lot of ways it looks like a really nice club, but having a place to practice at 600 is a high priority for me. (I'm trying not to join every club out there!)

Pelham and the 600 YD Range!!! Lets see where do we start? It has been an all too long project which seems like 10 or more years? ...And still no 600 YD range. I have put my name in for the Board of Directors, in the past , and among my Agenda items was completion of the 600yd range. My advice.... Join Pelham for everything that it offers (watch out for Range Nazi's), and someday it might have 600 as icing on the cake. Don't join it exclusively for 600 or you'll be disappointed.

amb...If you are in MA.? Join Reading for the 600

Last edited:
Fly Fish New Hampshire Show @ Pelham 3/1/2014

On March 1 and 2, Pelham Fish and Game Club is hosting the Merrimack Valley Chapter of Trout Unlimited. Listed as a Sportsman's show, but primarily about fly fishing.

Admission is $7.

[h=2]Special BOD Meeting Tuesday 8/26, 7PM[/h]
There will be a Special BOD meeting held this Tuesday, August 26th

The BOD meeting will start at 7pm followed by the General Membership meeting at 8pm.Members wearing and displaying their 2014 membership badge are welcome to attend.

Just to give a shout out to PF&G. Just had my orientation yesterday and glad to be a member.

Not only is the 600 yard range finished, but a new handgun only group of Action Ranges is open. They took an older, unused Action Range and totally revamped it. It's divided into ten smaller outdoor handgun ranges separated by thick concrete walls, and a larger action range for defensive handgun work. Just awesome.

And everyone I met yesterday was friendly, welcoming and wanted to make sure that our experience was positive.

5thDentist,

I am curious how long you waited between sending in your application and acceptance/orientation/etc. I send mine in a couple weeks ago, but haven't heard anything. Not sure if they were just busy with the holidays, if it typically takes this long, if they even got my letter, or if there is some qualification requirement that I do not meet. :shrug: Would love to be a member of this range.

5thDentist,

I am curious how long you waited between sending in your application and acceptance/orientation/etc. I send mine in a couple weeks ago, but haven't heard anything. Not sure if they were just busy with the holidays, if it typically takes this long, if they even got my letter, or if there is some qualification requirement that I do not meet. :shrug: Would love to be a member of this range.

I belong to this range, I love it there. The end of the year is also member renewal time; they are probably very busy processing renewals. Have you tried contacting the board?

5thDentist,

Ive been a member for 2 years, I believe it took about 2 months from initial app, to first meeting, then orientation. Great range, and I haven't even tried everything they have to offer.

I belong to this range, I love it there. The end of the year is also member renewal time; they are probably very busy processing renewals. Have you tried contacting the board?

Haven't tried contacting them, I didn't want to be a pain in the ass if this was how long it normally takes. This is the first range I have tried to join so I am not familiar with the process or how long it typically takes.

From the responses nothing seems out of the ordinary so far, so I will just be patient.

I appreciate the responses, thanks guys.

Pete, I had sent in my app in August, and Graham from the club called to set up the appointment for the interview. He called about a week or two after I sent in the app, but because of my office hours, I had to wait to schedule my interview. It worked out, however, because it was late enough in the year that they basically give you the last month for free and you get the next year's badge & codes.

When you have the group interview, they tell you when the next orientation is, and state that if you don't hear from them, then show up & come early. If you get a phone call after the interview, then that's a rejection call.

Good luck.

I think you will, it takes a little while. It took me about a month to hear back from the initial time of application. Then I went to the group interview and have orientation this weekend. All in all about 2 months. Pretty excited about the opportunity to be a member.

Interviews? Waiting by the phone for two months? Rejection calls?

Sounds like applying for a college or a frat or something haha!

Ahhhh. Finally got in some range time a week ago Friday. Spent most of it trying to work on the indoor qualification out on one of the Action ranges. 90 minutes all to myself. Just awesome. Great stress reliever.

Back
Top Bottom