Pelham Mass Chief: ‘Improperly stored arsenal’ described in trial

This quote from the ADA sums it up nicely:
[FONT=&amp]“All I wanted to do was take steps that make sure they didn’t go right back to him somehow,” Thomas said. “That was the goal of this prosecution all along — to get the guns away from him.”[/FONT]

“All I wanted to do was take steps that make sure they didn’t go right back to him somehow,” Thomas said. “That was the goal of this prosecution all along — to get the guns away from him.”

An outright admission of malicious prosecution.

I fail to believe that there are zero lawful gun owners in this country whose spouse is a PP.

G. Gordon Liddy's wife had lots of guns and he was a PP.

Liddy used to state that his wife had many (?) guns, some of which she stored on his side of the bed.

OBVIOUSLY GGL did NOT live in Massachusetts.

Liddy used to state that his wife had many (?) guns, some of which she stored on his side of the bed.

OBVIOUSLY GGL did NOT live in Massachusetts.

No he certainly didn't live in MA., and yes I remember him making that statement on more than one occasion.

G. Gordon Liddy's wife had lots of guns and he was a PP.

For a lawyer, very smart guy, and former FBI agent, he did a lot of confessing on his radio show about being in constructive possession of his "wife's gun" -- "It's hers, she simply chooses to keep it in my bedside table."

Well, a couple more questions answered...

Eleven of the guilty verdicts were reached on guns police said were found improperly stored in the attic space of Fleury’s home. The final guilty verdict was on a gun found in a study at the home.
Recall that the attic access door was locked but the lock was described as "flimsy" by the state police who testified. [rolleyes] I swear, beware folks... beware. [angry] This should be an eye-opening lesson for anyone in MA who thinks their guns are "safe stored" in a locked room or locked closet or anything similar. Beware of a "flimsy lock" justification being used against you.

But in the end, all they really needed was that one gun Fleury had hidden under the seat cushion. Gotcha!!! Instant PP/felon!!!

Interestingly, the jury must have felt that the licensed wife being present alone in the home was enough to satisfy the law... but only on 10 of the 22 guns in question. [hmmm]

And this...

Thomann said police are required to keep confiscated property for five years following the conclusion of a court case but can have an outside company store evidence at the cost of the person whose property was confiscated. He said police would be talking to Fleury soon to have him make a decision.
I find this interesting given how much the cops and prosecutor hate Fleury. Why didn't they send his guns to a sleazy "bonded warehouse" immediately and thereby make the guns disappear entirely? [thinking] They might have even gotten a sweet kickback on the more than $100K worth of guns they took from Fleury? Why does it appear that they are trying to play nice when we all can see that this was an ugly entrapment and revenge play right from the start? I don't get it. [thinking]

It could be that considering this is a higher profile case , they didn't want to drag the bonded warehouse scam into the light too much.

Or, no bonded warehouse wanted anything to do with this obvious malicious prosecution case and they simply refused to accept the collection because they knew it was an invitation to being sued.

Last edited:
It could be that considering this is a higher profile case, they didn't want to drag the bonded warehouse scam into the light too much.
Or, no bonded warehouse wanted anything to do with this obvious malicious prosecution case and they simply refused to accept the collection because they knew it was an invitation to being sued.
Village Vault has been making a damn fine living out of doing just that for a while. They don't GAF.
Yeah, I don't think any of our sleazy bonded warehouse owners would hesitate for 2 seconds to take on a very valuable collection like this. They live for that sort of windfall. But I wonder if the supposed 100 +/- guns without a transfer record (or "gun registration" as our nanny state officials love to call it) has something to do with the delay. [thinking] The cops seem to be pushing the notion that some of these guns could have been stolen or otherwise improperly obtained by Fleury. Are they hoping to pile on even more charges if Fleury's appeal is successful? I'm thinking yes, they are. [hmmm]

Oh no!!!

Oh no!!! Not again!!! [shocked]

Former Pelham Police chief arraigned on OUI charge days before sentencing

BELCHERTOWN — Three days before former Pelham police chief Edward Fleury was sentenced in a Springfield courtroom on illegal gun storage charges, he was arraigned in district court in Belchertown on a charge of driving drunk.

Fleury, 60, pleaded not guilty in Eastern Hampshire District Court on Oct. 2 to charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and negligent operation of a motor vehicle. His next court hearing is scheduled for Nov. 15.

http://www.amherstbulletin.com/Former-Pelham-Police-Chief-issued-OUI-in-his-driveway-13167701

This guy's luck is just the absolute worst. [thinking]

Terribly written article. Where is the state trooper Fluery talked to and when did he talk to him?
The whole incident is pathetic. He wasn't part of the accident. Someone just reported his license plate for reasons unknown (maybe he caused the accident even if not a part of it?). That's what you call being in the wrong place at the wrong time... after having downed one Rolling Rock beer. [rolleyes]

And I especially like this part of the story:
At one point during the interaction, after being told to keep his hands out of his pockets, Fleury put his hands back in his pockets and pulled out a “sharp pair of pliers,” according to the report.

“It was at this time that I depressed the lock of my firearm with my right thumb and placed my right hand on my firearm, as I was beginning to fear for my safety,” Tivnan wrote.

It's hard to believe this guy's ridiculous bad luck. It's also why no one is going to help him with his appeal of the "safe storage" conviction. [thinking]

The whole incident is pathetic. He wasn't part of the accident. Someone just reported his license plate for reasons unknown (maybe he caused the accident even if not a part of it?). That's what you call being in the wrong place at the wrong time... after having downed one Rolling Rock beer. [rolleyes]

And I especially like this part of the story:

It's hard to believe this guy's ridiculous bad luck. It's also why no one is going to help him with his appeal of the "safe storage" conviction. [thinking]

Remember Z-man? Two of a kind that seeks trouble at every turn.

Both hopeless cases.

Both hopeless cases.

Honestly, if you're that stupid that you give them any reason whatsoever after everything that's happened....

It really boggles my mind how he didn't just move the hell out of this jacked up nanny state after getting off on the uzi case. I would have had my shit packed up and ready to go by the next morning.

Both hopeless cases.
The Zimm? Yeah, it's easy to see the similarity, at least in terms of very bad luck and inability to stay out of trouble when you most need to stay out of trouble. Now we know the real story about his hospitalization. Where does it go from here? [thinking] It's anyone's guess. [hmmm]

There is some potential liability for a PD that refuses to turn the guns over to a designated licensee and pulls the "rush then to a thefthouse" game, however, there is no indication that is being done in this case.

As to probation or parole situations: the system does not generally deny the RKBA to family members, but denies the right of the probee/parolee to live in a household with any FID or LTC holder. Not sure how it plays out with someone under terms of a CWOF.

It will be interesting to see if the courts uphold a BAC refusal suspension for refusing a BAC when confronted on your own property by police who did not observe you driving on a public way.

There is some potential liability for a PD that refuses to turn the guns over to a designated licensee and pulls the "rush then to a thefthouse" game, however, there is no indication that is being done in this case.

As to probation or parole situations: the system does not generally deny the RKBA to family members, but denies the right of the probee/parolee to live in a household with any FID or LTC holder. Not sure how it plays out with someone under terms of a CWOF.

It will be interesting to see if the courts uphold a BAC refusal suspension for refusing a BAC when confronted on your own property by police who did not observe you driving on a public way.

From the article:

On Oct. 6, prosecutors filed a motion for a court order for medical records for Fleury regarding the results of a blood test done at Cooley Dickinson Hospital following the incident.

I'll be interested in knowing the specifics of the blood test. As in who asked for it, if it wasn't him can they still get a blood test based on the above, who gets access to the results and if/when does HIPAA law kick in.

Honestly, he was smart to refuse a breathalyzer if he had low blood sugar. Low blood sugar can produce false positive results. The blood test is the way to go.

I had a coworker who went through a series of romantic entanglements and fights, and whined, "I don't know why all this drama follows me everywhere I go."

I told him: "Dude. Drama follows you like manure follows flies."

I'll be interested in knowing the specifics of the blood test. As in who asked for it, if it wasn't him can they still get a blood test based on the above, who gets access to the results and if/when does HIPAA law kick in.
ETOH screeing is fairly common for an ER lab draw and is covered by the implied consent of letting the hospital draw blood. The HIV virus has extra rights, and testing for it requires a signed consent (which is unique to this one blood test).

not really

by the time Fleury had really got whacked, he was no longer “washed” by any stretch.
this is good.
if law enforcement sees how the liberals will go after them in retirement, maybe they will be far less willing to side with unconstitutional confiscation orders coming from moonbat liberals?

Back
Top Bottom