• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pelican Bay prison riot

How do those dudes even put a riot together? Arent they locked in a one man cell 23 hrs a day and exercise in separate chainlink chicken run type areas? Going on fuzzy memories of 1990's Discovery Channel type shows, maybe Im off.

How do those dudes even put a riot together? Arent they locked in a one man cell 23 hrs a day and exercise in separate chainlink chicken run type areas? Going on fuzzy memories of 1990's Discovery Channel type shows, maybe Im off.

That's the SHU. Courts in Commiefornia said it wasn't comfortable enough a few years ago, so now placement in the SHU is severely limited. The state would rather they be in gen pop so they can hang out with their fellow violent and dangerous felons and stage fights to draw CO's into an ambush. At least that's my read on it.

Officers shot 5 inmates?
with a Ruger mini 14....I think those rifles have been in CA DOC for almost 40 years?
taxpayers getting their money 's worth!
are executions still legal in CA?

That's the SHU. Courts in Commiefornia said it wasn't comfortable enough a few years ago, so now placement in the SHU is severely limited. The state would rather they be in gen pop so they can hang out with their fellow violent and dangerous felons and stage fights to draw CO's into an ambush. At least that's my read on it.

Ah ok. "SHU" rings a bell. Didnt realize that was a seperate thing. Thought the whole place was just some super-max type thing.

I drove by Pelican Bay once...it is in the northern most coast of CA on the Oregon state line and yes it is on the bay and there could be pelicans there too?

Back
Top Bottom