Pelosi announces formal Trump impeachment inquiry

In fairness, this one is a real stretch. They've said over and over that they'll find some (any) reason to impeach. Now they're worried that if they don't do something soon they'll have failed in their one task for four years. They all "knew" something and have been on TV saying so since MAGA Day, 2017.
Yes, my disdain spreads all the way down to many Congress-critters, who would rather enrich themselves or expand their own notoriety or standing rather than actually do what's best for our country.

You can whine about how Hillary got away with uranium this, or Biden Ukraine that, but that's not an excuse for putting up with it if your guy is doing it.

While I understand your point...have either of them ever spent a day in court for what they did? It's not just that it's 'our guy'...it's that these freaks have been grasping at straws for 3 years now and have come up empty handed. But still...EVERY day it's some 'not news' about the 'alleged/unproved' supposed actions of the greatest president of my lifetime that the dems are whining about.

Find some damn solid proof or shut the f*** up.

All I know is that my donation to The Honorable Mr. Trumps campaign just doubled. We need to fill the coffers.

The beauty here is they're accusing The President (in part) of using taxpayer money to coerce a foreign government into investigating a former vice president of using taxpayer money to coerce the same foreign government.

We'll see what the transcript says but if Trump is so anxious to get it out, I believe it's squeaky clean. That leaves recorded evidence of him NOT attempting to coerce a foreign government to investigate a former vice president of using taxpayer money to coerce the same foreign government and BRAGGING ABOUT IT ON CAMERA.

But the Dems will argue about what the definition of the word "is" is, and we'll have to listen to them drone on again for another year. These people are the worst.

They really don't care, they only care about smearing and distracting him. They are so desperate, they don't know what else to do. I hope that We the People, truly see the progressive/communist Democrat party for what it is, and has always been and punish the Democrats so badly in the 2020 elections, it cleans house of the Democrat refuse, then the Republican swamp dwellers also need to be voted out.

Two wrongs don't make a right. If Biden was using his office to pressure foreign governments for personal gain, he should be in jail. If Trump was doing it, he also should be in jail. Just because Trump may get a pass for boorish behavior, it doesn't mean he gets a pass for abusing the power of the Presidency. Trump asked the Russians on TV to break into the Democratic campaign computers.

They did so.

Even as a 'joke', that is so not OK for candidates for high office to do. Trump supporters thought it was great. That makes it credible he tried to do the same thing again. Giving a pass to this kind of behavior is how you get a dictator.

You can whine about how Hillary got away with uranium this, or Biden Ukraine that, but that's not an excuse for putting up with it if your guy is doing it.

Wait a second. Biden used the power of the purse to interfere with an active investigation of wrong doing. Trump is accused of using the purse strings to resume an investigation with Biden on camera admitting what he did to stop an active foreign government from going after his son, who was being paid $50k PER MONTH for the Ukraine dealings.

In no way are these comparable or the same. Trump wants an investigation conducted based on public FACTS. Biden was trying to hide a possible family corruption charge.

I guess the Kavanaugh and Russia investigations left the Dems unsatisfied, if not oblivious to the inefficacy of their political witch hunts.

Wait a second. Biden used the power of the purse to interfere with an active investigation of wrong doing. Trump is accused of using the purse strings to resume an investigation with Biden on camera admitting what he did to stop an active foreign government from going after his son, who was being paid $50k PER MONTH for the Ukraine dealings.

In no way are these comparable or the same. Trump wants an investigation conducted based on public FACTS. Biden was trying to hide a possible family corruption charge.

The problem is that it's a huge conflict of interest if Trump just happened to want to see justice served on this particular case right before the election on his campaign opponent. If he's playing a game of witholding financial support from Ukraine, that allows Putin to tighten his noose around that country further. The Ukrainians are in a dirty war with Putin that is not a joke at all. If our foreign policy is being jerked around for Trump's personal political gain, that fits squarely in the high crimes and misdemeanors arena.

Of course there are no facts in this case yet, just so-far anonymous accusations. But it seems credible based on past behavior that Trump thinks it is OK to flirt with foreign governments to f*** with our elections.

Maybe I'm just immune to political BS, but I fail to see how attempting to stop actual global corruption (i.e. the Bidens) is somehow not a good idea or thing that should be pursued regardless of the timing? Does the timing really matter? Biden was never going to be the nominee. Polling now is irrelevant to where we will be in a year, and even if it wasn't irrelevant, if Biden was using power for personal family gain, shouldn't he be punished regardless of the election cycle?

My point is you can't even think about pursuing Trump in a sane world until you investigate Biden.

I'm beginning to think this whole nostrum of "government officials investigating each other" is a complete waste of time, given that nobody ever seems to be held accountable, ever. The whole thing is a joke.

The other fun thing is, .gov officials do far worse things than tickeytack bullshit like hatch act violations (which is presumably what biden is getting accused of, and what trumps been accused of 9000 times). Like we had ATF running guns to mexican cartels (and fed agents being killed with them, like Brian Terry) with the knowledge and consent of obama admin, (or at least Holder) nothing happens. ATF setting up mentally handicapped people to fail in gun trafficing schemes, etc. Nothing happens. ATF profiles black people at gun shows (this was a long time ago, but nothing happens) etc. Shitlery clinton violating all kinds of laws WRT transmission of classified material... nothing happens. I could go on for probably several pages.

(tinfoil hat on)
Of course the fun thing is the globalists, the people really pulling the strings, are laughing at all this current crap, because while people get all harumphy about meaningless crap, they're getting away with murder on the other end, and nobody is paying attention. Globalists are crapflooding first world countries with people that don't belong there.... so they can create a "crisis" that only globalist bullshit can solve, etc, ad nauseam. The real deep state movers are having a big circle jerk right now while various factions get into a "legal battle" over trivial crap, the dog and pony show reeks of a smokescreen.

-Mike

This is a farce. The Constitution requires the House to vote on impeachment, and pass with a super majority BEFORE the house can actually start an impeachment investigation. Pelosi has trashed the rule of law today, and she points to the Constitution and says it is her duty. BS. She is a lying sack of dog shit.
You are giving sacks of dog shit a bad name, calling her that.

I view this as an attempt to steal some headlines away from the impending release of the IG report on the FISA abuses in the Obama DOJ

The irony of the Democrats initiating impeachment proceedings on the allegation that a presidential candidate attempted to have a foreign actor dig up dirt on a political rival has my head spinning like a f***ing top right now.

The same Democratic party that ordered and paid for the f***ing Steele Dossier.....

Yeah. This is gonna play real well. My guess is that they realized what a f***ing zoo they have running for the nomination and want to try and pull some attention away from it. Honestly, this is gonna play very not well for them in swing states, and my opinion is that they've just guaranteed Trump's reelection.

The problem is that it's a huge conflict of interest if Trump just happened to want to see justice served on this particular case right before the election on his campaign opponent. If he's playing a game of witholding financial support from Ukraine, that allows Putin to tighten his noose around that country further. The Ukrainians are in a dirty war with Putin that is not a joke at all. If our foreign policy is being jerked around for Trump's personal political gain, that fits squarely in the high crimes and misdemeanors arena.

Of course there are no facts in this case yet, just so-far anonymous accusations. But it seems credible based on past behavior that Trump thinks it is OK to flirt with foreign governments to f*** with our elections.
What are you talking about. “For trumps political gain” makes it a crime. Try again. No it doesn’t. Stop watching CNN. Personal financial gain now you have something to talk about. Until then you sound like Chris Cuomo.

Democrats Wrote to Ukraine in May 2018, Demanding It Investigate Trump | Breitbart

Democrats wrote to the Ukrainian government in May 2018 urging it to continue investigations into President Donald Trump’s alleged collusion with Russia in the 2016 presidential campaign — collusion later found not to exist.
The demand, which came from U.S. Senators Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Dick Durbin (D-IL), and Patrick Leahy (D-VT), resurfaced Wednesday in an opinion piece written by conservative Marc Thiessen in the Washington Post.

GOP Lawmakers Propose to Remove Jerry Nadler as Judiciary Chairman

Rep. Lance Gooden (R-TX) introduced legislation Tuesday to remove House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-NY) and end the House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.
Gooden’s legislation would formally recognize the illegality of Nadler’s impeachment proceedings and remove the New York Democrat as the committee chairman.

The Texas congressman contended that the Judiciary Committee must receive authorization to begin impeachment proceedings; however, the House denied Nadler authorization by overwhelmingly rejecting H.R. 498 in July. Nadler has continued to claim that he is “impeaching the president– right now.”

“In recent days Democrats have sanctimoniously declared their allegiance to the rule of law. I encourage them to follow those rules and hold Chairman Nadler accountable for breaking them,” Rep. Gooden said in a statement Tuesday.

I didn't read all posts, I didn't hear this in the media either, my take:
Dems, the smart ones, play the long, long game.
Don't underestimate Pelosi. Even in her old age she is a very savvy politician.
These leftists, especially 'the squad' aren't going along to get along as required.
Why did she 180?
Maybe she's setting them up to get primaried/voted out in '20 with this.
If they lose the house, big deal, nothing will still get done.

I shut off my cable tv for political reasons. When I told the company why I was turning off service there was silence on the line. I guess the call taker was not trained in how to respond. Yes a break from the controlled media is a good idea.

The communists are really playing with Fire on this one.

If Trump wins in 2020 then we are going to see a 6-3 conservative Supreme court.
the Dems just cannot fathom having a conservative Supreme Court for the next 30 years.
Also if this Dirt on Biden really comes out as being actual corruption, this opens a can of worms
the Dems cannot recover from. The Dems always paint the Republicans as the party that gets their
pockets lined and themselves as the hard working party for the people. This will blow up that how
false narrative and maybe just maybe people will wake up and the Democrat party is done.
Obama will be investigated, John Kerry etc. This is bad news for the Dems, the republicans better ....finally grow a spine
and man up and go after these thugs.

I also seem to see a non-negligible amount of leftists thinking that if they actually formally impeach him it really means anything, especially in the short term...do they not know the Republican senate is 99% likely to acquit? Do they not understand the process? Are they that desperate for some sort of victory--however fleeting and hollow--that they just want to claim this as a W?

Probably a combination of these.

THIS right here. I recall the last time people were stomping their feet about impeachment. People actually thought if Trump was impeached and removed from office Clinton would become de facto President.

If Trump wins in 2020 then we are going to see a 6-3 conservative Supreme court.
the Dems just cannot fathom having a conservative Supreme Court for the next 30 years.
Also if this Dirt on Biden really comes out as being actual corruption, this opens a can of worms
the Dems cannot recover from. The Dems always paint the Republicans as the party that gets their
pockets lined and themselves as the hard working party for the people. This will blow up that how
false narrative and maybe just maybe people will wake up and the Democrat party is done.
Obama will be investigated, John Kerry etc. This is bad news for the Dems, the republicans better ....finally grow a spine
and man up and go after these thugs.

I still think a lot of of this nastiness that is/was directed at Kavanaugh is that he is potentially a pro 2A justice and it doesn't work very well for the leftists who want to dismantle our society one brick at a time. I think some people on the left are looking at 2020 the same way I did for 2016. Right now there are 2 liberal justices that are nearing the end of their lives and if Trump is president he is going to pick potentially 2 more from the conservative pool that he promised. Right now the left has fundamentally weak players in the midwest and battleground states and they know it. If Trump is reelected and picks one or 2 more justices the left is doomed and let's be honest they want to set up a society so that they can rule in a timeless dimension.

I still think a lot of of this nastiness that is/was directed at Kavanaugh is that he is potentially a pro 2A justice and it doesn't work very well for the leftists who want to dismantle our society one brick at a time. I think some people on the left are looking at 2020 the same way I did for 2016. Right now there are 2 liberal justices that are nearing the end of their lives and if Trump is president he is going to pick potentially 2 more from the conservative pool that he promised. Right now the left has fundamentally weak players in the midwest and battleground states and they know it. If Trump is reelected and picks one or 2 more justices the left is doomed and let's be honest they want to set up a society so that they can rule in a timeless dimension.
My biggest concern is court packing. The left has already made statements about considering it.
If they do it, the current court could be 8-1 conservatives and it would be utterly useless as the next Democrat president then makes it 11-8 liberal by packing it.

I would hope most people would see how it would render the entire judicial branch useless, as any subsequent party flip would just cause the other party to appoint more and more judges, to the point where the judiciary is no longer impartial or viable.

My biggest concern is court packing. The left has already made statements about considering it.
If they do it, the current court could be 8-1 conservatives and it would be utterly useless as the next Democrat president then makes it 11-8 liberal by packing it.

I would hope most people would see how it would render the entire judicial branch useless, as any subsequent party flip would just cause the other party to appoint more and more judges, to the point where the judiciary is no longer impartial or viable.

I believe that would require a 2/3rds majority in the Senate to pull off. Something they're not going to get.

I believe that would require a 2/3rds majority in the Senate to pull off. Something they're not going to get.
As far as I know a simply majority would do it. I haven't seen anything mentioning 2/3rds. The Constitution doesn't specify the number of judges.

I believe Rubio intended to try to get a Constitutional Amendment going that would fix it at nine, and unsurprisingly it didn't go anywhere.

In the end it would render the judiciary as completely useless and simply a rubber stamp branch devoid of its purpose.

Back
Top Bottom