Peltor sport tac 100 vs howard leight sport help!!!!

Ok boys and girls. I'm shopping for new hearing protection. It just so happen I'm stuck between these two as you can tell by the title and I don't know which ones to buy. Being in Law enforcement I want something that's good but doesn't break the bank. ( I'm just cheap ). I wanna know if anyone has any hands on knowledge of these two ear pros and which ones I should get. I also went on youtube and watched vids but figured I would come here to as to everyone being helpful.

I got the howard leights for christmas and love em. The thousands of Amazon reviews don't lie.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I have both but like the Peltors much better. Haven't worn HLS that much but the Peltors I wear to the range a lot,they're the tactical line and the one thing I really like is if you forget to turn them off manually after a set time they turn off automatically. Nothing sucks more than when you get to the range put on your headphones go to turn them on and dead batteries.

I've been a big fan of the Howard Leights, but trying out a set of the Peltor 100s, I think they're a superior product. The cushioning on the pads lends to a much better fit, yielding better noise reduction. The Peltor also allow for background noise filtering, versus the Leights which pretty much just amplify all noise below 82dB.

Have had the Leights for a few years now and thought they were the best out there in that price range (because Amazon reviews told me so). I was wrong. That goes to the Peltor 100's. Hands down better and now use the Leights for when friends come along with me.

I've been a big fan of the Howard Leights, but trying out a set of the Peltor 100s, I think they're a superior product. The cushioning on the pads lends to a much better fit, yielding better noise reduction. The Peltor also allow for background noise filtering, versus the Leights which pretty much just amplify all noise below 82dB.

I have the Leights as well. I've found that the padding is a little lacking, I don't get a good seal between the muffs and my eye protection stems and I've never had a problem with that before. So either I have to get thinner eyewear stems or replace the Leights.

I have the Peltor Tactical 100s, I think I got them really cheap, like $60? They're great for that, but I wouldn't pay $100+ for them. I don't find any ear muffs sufficient for rifle fire (not even my high end 26 dB pair) - I always double up with ear plugs and crank the volume on the ear muffs, even indoors with pistols.

I hear the complaint about the HLs is the thin padding doesn't cover the ear that well.

You guys are great with all the help. Thank you very much. This is why I came hear before buying anything. Once I get one of these I will let you know. Right now I'm leaning towards peltor.

shop around, wait for sales, see if you can snag a discount code. i got mine for like $40, totally awesome price. retailmenot.com is good for searching before you make any purchase on any site.

So I ordered the Howards today. They will be in on monday. I cannot wait to break them in for my weapons qualification. Thank you guys for the helpful advice. It def helped me choose which ones to go with.

So I ordered the Howards today. They will be in on monday. I cannot wait to break them in for my weapons qualification. Thank you guys for the helpful advice. It def helped me choose which ones to go with.

Cool. I can recommend Surefire EP7 earplugs for doubling up. i like the foam over the plastic earplugs.

I have been using HL's for years but I am likely going to a good set of Peltor's this year. The HL padding irritates me if I am wearing them on a long 8+ hour range day and they are insufficient for high volume rifle use. Something else that annoys me is if you use the audio input (like wiring comms into them) you lose the mic and the ambient noise which kind of negates the purpose of using them in the first place.

They are great for casual use and short range trips and I will keep mine in my range bag as a back up set, but I am moving on to something better.

I have a pair of HL Impact Sports. I find that the ear muffs stick together. I now put a rag between them so they don't. Don't like them at all.I bought a pair of Peltor Tactical 100's and love them. I use also use them for Snow Blowing and lawn mowing. I plug my ipad in and listen to music.

Back
Top Bottom