• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pent up Range Time @ Private Club

Outdoor Range limits?

• No limitations. Range rules as before the pandemic. Shoot 'till you drop. I was here first

• Yes limitations. 30 minute time limit. No Guests, Members only.

• Yes Limitations. 45 minute time limitNo Guests, Members only.

• Other - Add your thoughts within original post.

Results are only viewable after voting.
With most not being able to shoot at their private clubs, I'm assuming there is a large "Pent Up Demand" for range time when ranges open. With that being said, will there be a mad rush to your club and will you shoot as you did before? Taking as much time as you feel? Bringing as many "guests" as your club permits?

I can imagine a scenario where people will have to be more considerate and patient of other shooters waiting for people to be done shooting, so that everyone can get at least some range time in. I can also see where problems will arise regarding new rules, restricting time, etc.

After a reasonable time, I'm also assuming that things will settle down and ranges will return to their Pre-Chinesse Corona Virus ways, schedules, and availability.

Assumption: Keep social distance, bring and use your own cleaning supplies including sanitizer, gloves, and masks.

The poll is more for "IF" there are more shooters than lanes/places to safely shoot.

Just looking for opinions and spit balling here.

Jay

If I shot at a private club/range, I'd self limit my time to an hour just as a courtesy to others waiting and wouldn't bring any guests. I'd hope and expect others to do the same given the circumstances.

Circumstances like this is ( or any crowded range anytime) is why I dislike having to reload mags on the line. I bring enough loaded mags to shoot and vacate the line in a reasonable time if people are waiting.

I'm fortunate enough to have my own range so I don't encounter this issue.

There's only so long I can concentrate sharp enough for it to be productive. After that I'm just wasting ammo and reinforcing bad habits. Never really timed it. Hour of actual trigger time perhaps? . Maybe hour and a half including set up clean up. That being said, always happy to share the range with like minded folks. Kind of hard though to share an "action pistol" set up in bay with a bullseye dude or a couple plinkers. Different safety protocols can be tough to take as well. Most Just about all the USPSA/IDPA folks are pretty disciplined, and it can be a little uncomfortable to shoot with others who aren't as familiar with those rules.

And yeah....#metoo.....been shooting right along through this mess.

My plan was to zero in 3 rifles(2 new builds) and try out my two new pistols. Wasn't going to take too much time. In and out as quickly as I can.

I'm guessing the state will hamstring the f*** out of the ranges imposing all sorts of arbitrary BS rules to abide by. What I'm really wondering about is if one of those rules will be to have cops there(to be paid for by the range) to insure the rules are being followed because gunz of course.

You know they've got to come up with some way to re-coup all that money they've been losing not handing out tickets/fines so why not punish those they hate.

I'm guessing the state will hamstring the f*** out of the ranges imposing all sorts of arbitrary BS rules to abide by. What I'm really wondering about is if one of those rules will be to have cops there(to be paid for by the range) to insure the rules are being followed because gunz of course.

You know they've got to come up with some way to re-coup all that money they've been losing not handing out tickets/fines so why not punish those they hate.
My club sends an Email almost every week and it says:

Indoor range closed.
Outdoor range open. Use at your own risk. (I'm not sure what that means. Its not their fault if a liberal tries to attack me?)

This week they included that per town order (or something like that) people need to wear masks when going IN.

My other club, Pembroke is closed.
I didnt check Granby.

My club sends an Email almost every week and it says:

Indoor range closed.
Outdoor range open. Use at your own risk. (I'm not sure what that means. Its not their fault if a liberal tries to attack me?)

This week they included that per town order (or something like that) people need to wear masks when going IN.

My other club, Pembroke is closed.
I didnt check Granby.
Use at your own risk means they arent going to pay any damages if you get Covid from using the range.

Lot of ranges are scared of idiot lawsuits and the thought of that shuts them down more than Mauron’s mouth sputter.

Reality is if your membership is pretty solid and you dont allow guests. Then some nipplehead that wandered on to your property is a Trespasser and would have harder time claiming
A lawsuit if they were being prosecuted for Trespass at the same time.

Use at your own risk means they arent going to pay any damages if you get Covid from using the range.

Lot of ranges are scared of idiot lawsuits and the thought of that shuts them down more than Mauron’s mouth sputter.

Reality is if your membership is pretty solid and you dont allow guests. Then some nipplehead that wandered on to your property is a Trespasser and would have harder time claiming
A lawsuit if they were being prosecuted for Trespass at the same time.
I know what it means. But more importantly, it means the range is open.

I dont blame them for covering their a**es, you are right.

Back
Top Bottom