• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

People Who Conceal Full Size Handguns

Glock 19 in a Fobus paddle holster and once in a while I carry my S&W 65 in a leather pancake holster. I don't get too caught up in concealment. I just wear an untucked shirt. If it shows, it shows. I couldn't care less.

Get a proper leather holster and belt. Mitch Rosen, Wright, Tucker, Mernicle.. etc etc. Dont be like the rest of NES that buys a $850 glock and carries it with a phucking $60 crossbreed or sticky holster.
IWB it is better to use Kydex due to the body heat deformation issue even though leather will be more comfortable up until a floppy holster ND's into your ass.

OWB those leather holsters along with Lobo Gunleather are all top shelf for blending in with a dressy gunbelt.

Glock 17K in a Keeper's Concealment "The Keeper" AIWB holster modified with a small Tek-Lok to mount it on a Volund Gearworks Atlas belt.

Full size 1911 , IWB holster shirt or jacket over it.
I always wanted to start wearing sport coats and run dual under the arm set ups.

In winter and in summer with a wind breaker I have a Desantis double shoulder holster with a Governor on the right and a 1911 on the left. Both full size.
Don't ask whats in my pocket.

I daily carry a G17 with a TLR1 (and soon an RMR) AIWB. Prior to that, an FN 509. ANR Design Holsters. I really like the “claw” type holster. Keeps the gun flat enough to my stomach that the grip doesn’t print (too much). Heavy leather belt. Am 6’1”, 245, modest gut.

But I also do not give a flying f*** so there is that

B70094F0-1C56-4E6A-BA58-724E6309D313.jpeg

Pulled a search on here and didn’t see any threads that covered this, so here goes.

How do you people who carry full size make it concealable? I’m getting awfully tempted by a G45, 19X, or G17, and want to know what holsters or belts you guys use to make it work. Been reading around for recommendations, but I want to hear from people who actually have experience carrying full size, specifically appendix.

Thanks for the input & roasting in advance.
Years ago I concealed a P226 for a couple of weeks until i realized how f***ing retarded it was then stopped. A G45, or 19 is about my limit nowadays. Any good holster + belt, or shoulder rig can do these.

I AIWB full size pistols

G17
G31
beretta M9A1
occasionally a P229 in 357 sig

in each case I use a JM custom kydex AIWB holster. No wing. I also wear a mag carrier at 11 o’clock which helps balance things out on the belt. for TLR1 equipped G17 I use a Henry holsters flint. I am 5’11” and 220 lbs proving that AIWB has little to do with being thin and everything with correct gear, belt and some practice.

sorry to sound like a prick but 95% of the carry advice here is junk holsters or straight up crap. Pistol forum has a knowledgeable user base.
Lol part of the problem is modes of carry etc are personal. What works for one guy is shit for someone else. Like for example i f***ing hate hybrid holsters. Like irrationally hate them. But there are thousands of people that like those things. I also hate unmounted holsters too (like those grippy things people use etc) but some people like them, etc. Whatever.

People ask me all the time what kind of holsters to buy and I'm like I use this or that but whatever I use you might hate..... if you're trying to avoid having a drawer full of holsters you can f****** forget about it it's going to happen it's pretty much necessary rite of passage.... you basically need to spend some money and experiment to find the thing that's going to work right for you in case X or Y.... I mean yeah there are exceptions like for example small of back is universally f****** garbage but that's kind of obvious given the number of holster manufacturers who will not make them.....

The other thing that's a universal truth is people who use a shitty gun belt are basically just self punching themselves in the dick/groin. The difference gap between something like SOE / Beltman / WIB / etc belts vs pedestrian trash is insane. If your belt is not stiff enough to resist rotation you're going to hate life carrying a decent gun on it. The SOE belt i bought is literally the best money i ever spent on carry gear.

IWB it is better to use Kydex due to the body heat deformation issue even though leather will be more comfortable up until a floppy holster ND's into your ass.

OWB those leather holsters along with Lobo Gunleather are all top shelf for blending in with a dressy gunbelt.

Ive owned both cow and horsehide leather holsters for years, some ive had for a decade or so. Never a problem with deformation or any of them having a retention issue. If the builder is worth his salt he will offer reinforced mouths so the ND issue you speak of will never happen. I also own well made kydex holsters as well but usually find myself wearing the leathers for everything.

6' and currently about 155, can conceal a sig p226 with a milt sparks VM2 and a crossbreed belt under a short sleeve button down.

The shape of the butt of the gun fits perfectly my hip at 3:30. Every body is different, but what you need is generally a holster with 2 clips, not one, plus a really thick belt.

If you're spendy you can get your clothes altered to fit the holster, shirts altered to look ok untucked.

Damn cams. Is that xray real?
I think so but can’t be sure. I just screen shotted that from a video I was watching. Pretty funny and gross when they’re squeezing a bullet out of the side of this guys dick, like just squeezing it out like a big pimple all bloody and nasty. Was gross but funny.

The checkered pattern makes a big difference too. Wearing the right clothes can hide anything
Matilda-Worst-Used-Car-Salesmen-Harry-Wormwood.jpg

I put on an extra 40lbs of belly fat then had a Dr do liposuction in the shape of my Glock so it is recessed into my belly, what sucks is now that I have switched to sigs it doesn't fit as well.

Seriously stop worrying, the sheep don't notice, hell most people don't notice unless they have some training or your carrying under spandex

It’s pretty easy. I do it daily for work, and my weight for the past 7 years has fluctuated from 250 down to 200, and then crawled back up. I toggle between G20, HK P30L, and a Sig P320 X5, all with a weapon light.
The key is the holster and position. Kydex holsters with the FBI cant at exactly 3:00 under a somewhat loose fitting shirt disappear. Also, Appendix carrying anything under a somewhat loose shirt will disappear.

Back
Top Bottom