• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Perfecta 9mm (and other calibers)

I had a couple boxes of perfecta, no issues to report in my glock 17. I try to stay away from it though. I have had awesome luck with BrassMaxx, great brass ammo for training. Also love the federal aluminum.

Brassmax in the tubs or the boxes? I have had great luck with the tubs. I've heard the boxed BM is different ammo. I don't waste my time buying 50 rd boxes though.

Funny, I've never had a bad round from the tubs, but that is only through about 1000 rds total. Stuff has been hard to find until just recently again.

Kind of a threadjack, but anyone here have experience with and thoughts/opinions about Sellier&Bellot 9mm?

Kind of a threadjack, but anyone here have experience with and thoughts/opinions about Sellier&Bellot 9mm?

I ran a metric shit-ton of S&B through my M&P and XDm when I was buying it for $65/250 rounds, which is a price point that your starting to see decent ammo for again. I never had a single issue with it in any of the 3 9mm guns I fed it to.

I picked up a bunch of boxes of the Perfecta 9mm at the local Wally World this weekend and shot about 300 rounds of it on Sunday through various firearms (S&W 6906, Sig P290, Springfield XD9SC, CZ75P01) with zero problems.

I picked up a bunch of boxes of the Perfecta 9mm at the local Wally World this weekend and shot about 300 rounds of it on Sunday through various firearms (S&W 6906, Sig P290, Springfield XD9SC, CZ75P01) with zero problems.

Same here 350rds of 9mm and 40 through a Glock 22, Glock 26 and M&P 9. And I saw that they rolled back their price on 45ACP to $16.95/50!! I'm very happy with it so far.

Went through 300rds of the Perfecta in my 92FS. Everything went smooth, good cheap ammo. Havent seen it in other calibers here.

Finally got to run some of this yesterday that I had bought about a month ago and almost forgot about.

The good:
It's cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap. American Skinflints delight. It's the same price as wolf/shit ammo, etc. It's not terribly dirty. It's accurate enough.

The bad:
It's piss weak. Even weaker than UMC is. Not good ammunition for any handgun that is sensitive to ammunition or limp wristing, etc. As an example I ran some in my G34 and had a female friend who had fingernails a little too long for shooting yesterday. I pretty much knew she was going to limp wrist it a little but that stuff stovepiped on every shot while she was holding the gun. I fired like 20 rounds of it through the G34 and had it stovepipe once myself even. Granted the gun wasn't super clean but by my G34s standards it was clean enough to run everything else. I moved her to the G17 (Gen 4) and it worked fine but I could tell this stuff was on the hair edge of being viable ammo. The only shittier ammo I've found than this is stuff like ultramax. Honestly Tulammo 9mm (steel case) will probably work guns more reliably than this, and that stuff isn't terribly hot either, but it seems to cycle the slide harder.

My Verdict:
This is good ammo for farting around/plinking with a full size duty style, extreme shit ammo tolerant gun like a G17, P226, 92FS, etc.... I would keep it the **** away from everything else. Definitely do not attempt to run this shit in an Uzi, Mac 11, etc... (semi or FA) If it even cycles those guns more than a couple of shots it'll be a miracle. It's too weak to get the job done. I would never use it to compete with, that's for sure. Most shooters are going to be better served by stuff like WWB, Federal champion, etc. Even Blazer Brass 9mm is better than this stuff and that stuff is kinda weak, too.

ETA: If fiocchi makes this it must be on its own production of shit line. I've fired tons of fiocchi and it's way more powerful than this stuff is.

-Mike

Last edited:
All I have to add, is that their brass works great for reloading. Not hard to size/deprime/prime etc.

Finally got to run some of this yesterday that I had bought about a month ago and almost forgot about.

The good:
It's cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap. American Skinflints delight. It's the same price as wolf/shit ammo, etc. It's not terribly dirty. It's accurate enough.

The bad:
It's piss weak. Even weaker than UMC is. Not good ammunition for any handgun that is sensitive to ammunition or limp wristing, etc. As an example I ran some in my G34 and had a female friend who had fingernails a little too long for shooting yesterday. I pretty much knew she was going to limp wrist it a little but that stuff stovepiped on every shot while she was holding the gun. I fired like 20 rounds of it through the G34 and had it stovepipe once myself even. Granted the gun wasn't super clean but by my G34s standards it was clean enough to run everything else. I moved her to the G17 (Gen 4) and it worked fine but I could tell this stuff was on the hair edge of being viable ammo. The only shittier ammo I've found than this is stuff like ultramax. Honestly Tulammo 9mm (steel case) will probably work guns more reliably than this, and that stuff isn't terribly hot either, but it seems to cycle the slide harder.

My Verdict:
This is good ammo for farting around/plinking with a full size duty style, extreme shit ammo tolerant gun like a G17, P226, 92FS, etc.... I would keep it the **** away from everything else. Definitely do not attempt to run this shit in an Uzi, Mac 11, etc... (semi or FA) If it even cycles those guns more than a couple of shots it'll be a miracle. It's too weak to get the job done. I would never use it to compete with, that's for sure. Most shooters are going to be better served by stuff like WWB, Federal champion, etc. Even Blazer Brass 9mm is better than this stuff and that stuff is kinda weak, too.

ETA: If fiocchi makes this it must be on its own production of shit line. I've fired tons of fiocchi and it's way more powerful than this stuff is.

-Mike

glad i'm not the only one who had this experience.

did you try their .45acp too?

unless i had a "bad batch" their .45acp was weak as shit and inconsistent. i swear one of their 45acp rounds was double-charged....it sounded like a 357 magnum.

glad i'm not the only one who had this experience.

did you try their .45acp too?

unless i had a "bad batch" their .45acp was weak as shit and inconsistent. i swear one of their 45acp rounds was double-charged....it sounded like a 357 magnum.

I would have picked some up but the last 2 walmarts I had hit only had it in 9mm.

-Mike

I shot three boxes of this stuff last September through my HK P30L but didn't have any issues at the time. I bought another four boxes a month or two ago at Walmart. I intend on using it for IDPA practice so I will see how it runs this time around.

I shot three boxes of this stuff last September through my HK P30L but didn't have any issues at the time. I bought another four boxes a month or two ago at Walmart. I intend on using it for IDPA practice so I will see how it runs this time around.

HKs are pretty ammo tolerant due to the retarded amount of recoiling mass/overhead most of them have, so I think it will work just fine.

-Mike

not a problem with my m&p9c. ate that, fed aluminum, brassmax, wwb, and everything else so far.

HKs are pretty ammo tolerant due to the retarded amount of recoiling mass/overhead most of them have, so I think it will work just fine.

-Mike

You were correct, just got around to shooting about half of the 200 rds of Perfecta 9mm FMJ I bought a while back and it shot fine through my HK P30L

I bought 100 rounds of this stuff to put through my M&P 9C, and so far it is the only ammo I have ever had issues with. I don't know if I got a bum batch, but about every other round was a feed failure. I also had tons ejection failures and issues with the slide not locking back on the last round. I wouldn't touch this stuff again unless I wanted to try and torture test a new firearm.

I've had no issues with the 9mm through my PPS or with the .40 through my beretta 96. Then again, I've had no ammo issues at all with the PPS, and the 96 is new to me so i don't know fully yet what it might dislike (so far nothing)

I have been shooting it lately, no problems with the Shield, VP9 and just put 50 rounds of 5.56 through my new windham AR-15 yesterday with no problems. I have some .45 for my 1911 but have not shot it yet.

Back
Top Bottom