Pete's Gun & Tackle Hudson,NH

Friend of mine stopped buy there this past week while on business. Lots of reloading Dillon stuff along with powder and primers and ammo! managed to score 6-1lb containers on BLC-2 for $26 ea.

Pete's Gun & Tackle

Friend of mine stopped buy there this past week while on business. Lots of reloading Dillon stuff along with powder and primers and ammo! managed to score 6-1lb containers on BLC-2 for $26 ea.

Pete's Gun & Tackle
Years ago, a former co-worker bought a nice Weatherby Mark V, chambered in .270 Weatherby Magnum at Pete's. Paid $800 for it (late 1980s prices). He couldn't have been happier and told me that he would never trade it or sell it for anything. Only one problem. He has two sons who both have their MA FIDs. When he passes, which of the two sons gets the Weatherby?

Pete's is a good old-fashioned LGS, quite the contrast to the place across the road (Blackwater). I'll make a lunch hour out of the trip, head over to Dynamite Sushi for a quick bite.

Pete's is a good old-fashioned LGS, quite the contrast to the place across the road (Blackwater). I'll make a lunch hour out of the trip, head over to Dynamite Sushi for a quick bite.

IMO, Blackwater is a nicer store, with good people there. I posted what I thought of Pete's in the other thread. Blackwater WILL do FFL transfers from NH to MA for AR lowers, without you having to pay shipping to another store. They can transport it over the state line for you and then give it to you. Pretty sure they do that with pistols too. Not that it matters to me.

Keep in mind, within a 30-45 minute drive, there are a LOT of gun stores (from where I am in Nashua). Personally, I like to see decent organization in the store, which Pete's didn't have. Good lighting and clean air is also important to me. Pete's was ok in illumination (could have been better lit) but smelled musty. IMO, NOT something you want in a gun store.

Back
Top Bottom