• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pheasant camp this weekend.

whacko

NES Member
Got selected for a veteran pheasant hunt run by New England Adventures this Columbus day weekend. Friday afternoon is skeet for some practice then hunt all day sat and then again sun morning. Staying in tents.....bonfires at night. I can't wait. Already getting my camping gear together.

I’m not usually a fan of veteran outreach groups but New England Adventures is a great group.
They do quite a bit. They got a moose hunt together for a vet a couple weekends ago and it was successful.

I've never been a beneficiary of any vet programs before.....but saw this and applied and was accepted so I'm going to go and make the best of it.

I'm actually not a huge fan of hunting stocked birds either (not opposed to it just never been a huge fan) but......this is more for the outing than just shooting stocked birds.

Last edited:
Belchertown. Swift river sportsman's club.
It’s a nice club and some Beautiful hunting grounds especially for New England pheasant hunting. Also think about packing a fly rod if you fly fish Swift river has some of the best trout fishing. Or you can fish the swift with spinning rod on the south side of route 9.

Nice. Congrats. Its a nice club. I've shot archery there back in the days of 3D. Hunted pheasants there a time or two. Like Sparkey said, right near the Swift, and beautiful area for the fall color.

Go for a ride thru the Quabbin Park/Windsor Dam right up rt9. Its one of the areas they haven't over hunted and you might see a deer or two.

That sounds awesome. I'm not a fan of tent camping or taking a dump in the woods, but that still sounds like a hoot of a weekend.

New England Adventures is a great outfit and do some awesome things us veterans.
There yearly game dinner fundraiser is a great time if you haven't been before.

Back
Top Bottom