Pheasant Hunt

CaptDan3

NES Member
Just had one of the best times of my life Pheasant hunting at Addiville East Farms in RI.
This was an European Bird Hunt. My buddy and I eachMike and Dan 2 (2).jpg shop 16 birds.

That's a driven hunt correct? What was the cost? I've gone stocked pheasant hunting there and love it, although it costs about $150 for the three of us for a guided hunt.

Bird hunt.jpgThis was 26 hunters shooting at 11 differant stations with a total of 720 birds released. Breakfast in the morning, out to fields to hunt the morning, lunch in the field of veinison soup, corned beef & or susages in rolls, chips and soft drinks, back to the fields do another 11 stations ( 2 shooters at a station) then back to the lodge for an open bar. There are dogs and handlers at each station to pick up and retreive the downed birds. Total cost per person was $565.00 More info at Addiville East Farms ( just google it)

Dan Long
Boston

Last edited:
Looks like a great time!
I took my son there last year for his 13th birthday.
We took our dog and they gave us two fields to hunt. I think the minimum was 14 birds.
7 in the am and 7 after a quick lunch break. Strays flying around too. We bagged our share but some got by us too.
We had a great time but it was a little pricey, about $400.00.
I plan to go again with a friend and his kids.
They can shoot and we will follow along.

Looks like a great time!
I took my son there last year for his 13th birthday.
We took our dog and they gave us two fields to hunt. I think the minimum was 14 birds.
7 in the am and 7 after a quick lunch break. Strays flying around too. We bagged our share but some got by us too.
We had a great time but it was a little pricey, about $400.00.
I plan to go again with a friend and his kids.
They can shoot and we will follow along.

Not pricey, priceless

True! We'll be going back or some where like it.....
It's worth the money as trying to hunt the WMA's with kids is tough.

+1

Way better than a WMA and for an area where ringnecks aren't living naturally it's pretty fun day.

Done a couple hunts there with mixed results (a good guide makes all the difference in the world). Also shot sporting clays there numerous times.
Place is expensive, but there is definitely no place like. Awesome experience every time I've gone.

+1

Way better than a WMA and for an area where ringnecks aren't living naturally it's pretty fun day.

It's a great way to introduce kids, new hunters, and young dogs to birds and bird hunting. Addieville is a great place. There are others too. My dogs and I have worked many times as "pick up crew" at tower shoots at Markover in Ct. We also do the duck hunts at Green Mountain in Ossipee NH. Both run by good people working hard to stay in business. Support them as often as you can. It is a blast!

Cool! I've only been hunting one pheasant season and I never fired a shot. But I don't have a dog, and I was hunting WMA's well after early morning.

I would be interested in doing something like this. Do they give discounts for groups? NES pheasant hunt day in RI anyone?

Back
Top Bottom