• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Philadelphia customer walks in on robbery at takeout restaurant, shoots suspect dead: police

mikeyp

NES Member

A customer who walked into a robbery happening at a Philadelphia takeout restaurant shot and killed the armed suspect and will likely not face charges, authorities said.

Police said three employees were inside the Wingstop in northeast Philadelphia Sunday when a 53-year-old man walked in wearing a mask and gloves around 10:30 p.m. The suspect allegedly pointed a gun at them and demanded the employees hand over the money from the cash register drawer.

Investigators said that’s when a customer, identified by police only as a man in his late 20s, walked in talking on the phone, likely not noticing a robbery was taking place, WPVI reported.

The suspect then turned and pointed his firearm at the customer, demanding he turn over his cell phone.

The customer pulled his own gun and fired one shot at the perpetrator, striking him in the neck, said Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small. The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

The incident remains under investigation and police are reviewing surveillance video.

The customer remained at the scene and was cooperating with authorities. He is not expected to face criminal charges

“The customer who was also a victim because he had the gun pointed at him remained on scene, did cooperate with police,” Small said, according to KYW-TV. “We do have his weapon we know that just one shot was fired from that customer.”

“The customer who was also a victim because he had the gun pointed at him remained on scene, did cooperate with police,” Small said, according to KYW-TV. “We do have his weapon we know that just one shot was fired from that customer.”
I wonder if all his firearms were taken from him until the investigation is completed rendering him defenseless?
This is why I have duplicate pistols set up exactly the same way, with same holsters and all. Each piece is swapped in and out of carry rotation and training.
I literally have to look at the S/N to see which one is on me.

Why? Redundancy.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend it.
~Enbloc

Edit:
Sometimes the PD takes your "shooting-involved firearm" for testing and ballistics, but does not seize your LTC. They may have that gun for a very long time.
By having a redundant carry gun, you simply walk into your home, open your safe and strap on a gun that you are as at-home with as the one sitting in Police Ballistics Lockup...

"Foresight is Safety"~Enbloc

Last edited:
Why should the good guy's firearm be taken from him? He's guilty until proven innocent? I wonder if all his firearms were taken from him until the investigation is completed rendering him defenseless?

I'm not sure if "his" weapon refers to the good guy or the perp, but I'd expect the police to hold both guns as evidence while they conduct an investigation. I'd also expect that investigation to take a matter of days, not weeks. In a world where common sense was actually common, one of the cops would have lent the good guy a backup piece in the interim.

I'm not sure if "his" weapon refers to the good guy or the perp, but I'd expect the police to hold both guns as evidence while they conduct an investigation. I'd also expect that investigation to take a matter of days, not weeks. In a world where common sense was actually common, one of the cops would have lent the good guy a backup piece in the interim.
His weapon = Good guy = customer who "offed" the low life scum sucking dirtbag who's now DEAD!

His aim was off.
He was trying for a head shot!

Malodave
Yep, but tell the cops "I aimed for center-mass."... "Must have been the adrenaline rush and tunnel vision..."

Last edited:
Why should the good guy's firearm be taken from him? He's guilty until proven innocent? I wonder if all his firearms were taken from him until the investigation is completed rendering him defenseless?
It's Philly. The DA could declare that the dead robber was in fact involved in fund raising for ANTIFA, not committing armed robbery. In that case, the shooter gets charged with murder and interfering with lawful nonprofit funding exercises.

Happy ending, as long as the good guy gets his property back.

Something everyone should note if ever in similar circumstances: video is everywhere.

What a gangster!
Walks in, gets a gun in the face and pops the guy in the neck. ICE COLD

Back
Top Bottom