• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Philadelphia gas station owner hires heavily armed guards to protect business: 'We are tired of this nonsense'

Reptile

NES Member
A Philadelphia gas station owner fed up with incessant crime threatening his employees and customers hired heavily armed security guards to watch over his business.

Neil Patel, operator of a Karco gas station at Broad and Clearfield streets in North Philadelphia, recruited Pennsylvania S.I.T.E Agents clad with Kevlar vest and AR-15s or shotguns.

The harsh reality is that the police cannot protect us. Anyone who has been a victim of a crime I'm sure would agree with that.
The General Public is ignorant of the actual job of the PD which is to serve as a deterrent with their presence and to arrest the perp after they have committed a crime.
The Police have NO mandate to ensure your safety.

A Philadelphia gas station owner fed up with incessant crime threatening his employees and customers hired heavily armed security guards to watch over his business.

Neil Patel, operator of a Karco gas station at Broad and Clearfield streets in North Philadelphia, recruited Pennsylvania S.I.T.E Agents clad with Kevlar vest and AR-15s or shotguns.

yeah. so, he protects himself and his business.
1670361713682.png

It was almost funny that some time ago news media was quoting residents in these neighborhoods that simply using bulletproof counters was racist, and Philly enacted some sort of ordinance and demanded all store owners remove their ballistic protections.

Source: Outrage as Philly pushes through ban on bulletproof glass in crime-plagued neighborhood shops
The Police Stations have ballistic glass to talk to the station officer. So do banks. Take those down first.

Sucks it even has to come to this .
Sucks worst if these guys actually have to pop someone because there will be a world of shit coming down on them and the business owner.
Lib DA's and Pols just won't be having this.

"Private Army" will be the catch phrase for the remainder of this decade... 🤔 [mg][mg][mg][mg]

Interesting choice of rifles
If you're looking at the 9mm AR, why not. Thugs aren't generally armored up. If they are, 9mm still hurts, and a rifle is accurate enough to go for head shots at medium ranges for 'most' people. Although, mid thigh shots would be almost as fatal, just takes a little longer. Most thugs I've seen don't stand around and engage anyway, once the first primer is struck, everyone turns and runs.

If you're looking at the 9mm AR, why not. Thugs aren't generally armored up. If they are, 9mm still hurts, and a rifle is accurate enough to go for head shots at medium ranges for 'most' people. Although, mid thigh shots would be almost as fatal, just takes a little longer. Most thugs I've seen don't stand around and engage anyway, once the first primer is struck, everyone turns and runs.
Hmm, no AR's that I've seen, even thou all the talking heads are reporting that.
Not Tavor's, one Guard had an MP looking firearm with a 9mm mag.

I applaud anyone who wants to defend themselves. I also think hiring security is fine. But I question this S.I.T.E. Agents company. Their website ripped images from Rainbow 6 and also show an action figure. But all is good, because they "train every other week".

Untitled-1.jpg

Hmm, I wonder what the cost is to Hire these guards? I'm surprised Krasner hasn't gone after Mr. Patel for taking the law into his own hands. I'm sure it helps he's not a white guy.

cant be cheap thats for sure
Napkin math for some discount-tier goons would be pushing $1m to keep 2 goons on site 16+ hours a day. Figure the security company is billing somewhere between $50-$100 /hr per guy.

Is a Philly gas station in a crap neighborhood raking in enough millions to actually justify this?

Could just be a short term stunt to get the crime issue on the news.

plus hot 9mm from a carbine and an optic is no joke at gas station parking lot distances

Napkin math for some discount-tier goons would be pushing $1m to keep 2 goons on site 16+ hours a day. Figure the security company is billing somewhere between $50-$100 /hr per guy.

Is a Philly gas station in a crap neighborhood raking in enough millions to actually justify this?

Could just be a short term stunt to get the crime issue on the news.

gas stations in that city often earn additional income by allowing whoever runs that block to do hand to hands in the store

Back
Top Bottom