• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pick Me a Semi-auto Shotgun

To each their own. If you intend on using it defensively get some real training along with advice as to what works best. Personally I always liked Remington and have a old police issued 870 and an 1187 Police that I sent to Vang Comp for service. They are identical besides the pump and auto-loading features. For turkey and duck I have the cheaper 870 Express. It works and I don’t have to worry if it gets thrown around. Try out a few shotguns and decide yourself.

Meh - to each his own.

I can't really find a new gun (made this century) that I really like. They all just feel wrong. This is especially true of shotguns and rifles.

My first reach shotgun is a Savage 520 pump. But OP asked for semi auto.

I'll take the Browning A5 or any of it's clones (Remington 11, Savage 720) and never look back. I'll pass on the new production A5s though, even those in 16ga.

Besides - if you mount a bayonet on a long action like the A5 you've got one hell of a sewing machine out at the end. lol
New production A5's are either gas or inertia guns with bland ugly aluminum receivers that make the old A5 look like a work of art.

If its a pump....I reach for an Ithaca 37. Ive got some from the 50's and 60's

The only semi autos I own are A-5's.

I have a bunch of O/U's too. I mix it all up and don't beat them all too hard...with exception of the ithaca's. I bought them well used and they just run.

Pancor Jackhammer?

I kid, I kid.....
I just recently took into my home a sad Beneli M3 that needed a good home. Has the pump / semi covered now.

Back
Top Bottom