• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pick one 9mm carbine: HiPoint 995 vs. KelTec SUB2000

Which 9mm would you buy, and why?

• Hi-Point MODEL 995 BLACK (9MM)

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • KelTec SUB2000TM Folding / Pistol Caliber / Carbine

Votes: 66 86.8%

• Total voters
A little fun for this hot start to August.

Pick one 9mm carbine.

Hi-Point
MODEL 995 BLACK (9MM)
1659400504217.png

KelTec
SUB2000TM Folding / Pistol Caliber / Carbine
1659400636228.png

Why the Ruger over Kel-Tec?
The Kel-tec "feels" like a "toy". I often worry about dropping it and having it self-disassemble like Legos.
The heft of the Ruger against the shoulder and the firearm overall is a better build. Just my opinion though and failed the OP's qualifications.
Just thought I'd offer it up...

keltec is ugly but I’d have to pick that. Folds up nice and runs Glock mags. Has a decent reputation.

Always come back to just wanting an AR pistol or SBR whenever I think about it. Everything is a pain in MA.

Last edited:
KelTec because it's a fun toy, I don't use it for anything other than plinking/playing and it folds down to nothing and is a great conversation piece. If I was going for something I'd put to any manner of serious use, it'd have to be the Ruger.

So many other nice choices. I like Uzi and MP5, but those also were not a choice here.

Please pick one of the 2 options.

Bonus questions:
1) If you already had a KelTec, would you sell it to get a used HiPoint?
2) If you already had a HiPoint, would you sell it to get a used KelTec?

Bonus questions:
1) If you already had a KelTec, would you sell it to get a 2 used HiPoints? No.
2) If you already had a HiPoint, would you sell it to get a used KelTec? Considered buying one for a "Family SHTF Hand-out."

Neither. Look for quality stuff. TNW Aero, for example.

Been there, own that. It's been back to Oregon 3 times due to stovepiping/FTE issues. This time, they may have finally fixed it, but I'm withholding judgement until I run another few hundred rounds through it. If all goes well, I'll start the SBR process.

So many other nice choices. I like Uzi and MP5, but those also were not a choice here.

Please pick one of the 2 options.

Bonus questions:
1) If you already had a KelTec, would you sell it to get a used HiPoint?
2) If you already had a HiPoint, would you sell it to get a used KelTec?
You fail NES. You get a big fat F!!!

It wouldn't be an NES thread if we didn't all suggest something other than your question. So my two cents are KUSA KR9 or if you want high cap go with PTR9
This.

If you want info/reviews/advice on ANY FIREARM or AMMO. Exclude your target product from the list...

i.e. "What is the Best 1911 pistol? Not Colt though. I would NEVER buy a Colt"...

You will get everything everyone knows about COLT 1911's by the close of day...

@Coyote33 I think you may have both of the two carbines at a local store, and you are asking which is the best to choose.

If this is the case, The Hi Point may be the most durable, due to the fact that it does not fold in half, but the magazines are Hi-Point only.
The kel-tec, which is fine but a bit of a novelty, will allow you to fire from Glock 33-round magazines (or smaller)

Either one is "good", but I would choose the Kel-tec because of the accessories availability alone... plus Glock mags

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom