Pick up or in person at the PD?

So this goes back to another post on the wait for my renewal. This is my third cycle. I was expecting a call to come in a sign for the cars as I did the first 2 and the time my wallet was stolen for the replacement….This was the 4 month mark with no card so I decided to call….

The licensing officer said he would look into the delay and the secretary called me yesterday. They mailed the card in May. Never got it. So went in today to file a police report for a lost card to get a replacement.

The officer who took my report said he’s never heard of them mailing a card and it needs to be signed for. He was somewhat shocked they mailed it and said that’s not how things should have been done. Anyways, just wondering what others have experienced on how they get their card.

Most cops can't tell the truth, they lie so much it just falls off out of their mouth without even thinking about it because you are dirt to them.
Not all, but most.

I just renewed and picked up my license maybe 3 weeks ago, they called me and said it was ready. Went down and picked it up in an envelope, didn't have to sign for anything or show ID.

Small town though, so maybe that's why they didn't mail it.

It’s probably just on someone desk.
They are covering to pretend they care a little. (Even though they do not)

I received my license in the mail 2 weeks after application/interview. This was recent, post Bruen.

Did prints on a Thursday or friday, and the state had the license approved by the next Monday, since that’s the date printed on it. Then 9-10 more days for it to make its way to me.

IMO this is just proof that any1 waiting more than a few weeks is getting dicked around by their local PD. Could be laziness, could be contempt for 2a. Who knows.

They are perfectly capable of having it done in short order, if they so chose.

My town is so small that, before COVID, the Chief stopped by and gave you your LTC personally. Last time, during COVID, he just mailed it.

from the date of issue mailing to the PD for activation and then mailing to me about 11 days. Mine have been mailed both times in Fall River

Signed for? In my communist town, a LTC is mailed to the house.
My town you get a phone call to come get it at the police station. You walk in show the dispatcher your photo id......they slide it through the slot along with a form to sign that is basically a receipt that you received it.....and you walk out.

If I had anything to do with issuing LTCs I'd do it the same way. Solves the current problem the OP us posting about.....plus puts almost no burden on thr license holder as the PD is open 24/7 and no worries getting out of work to pick it up before they "close".

Back
Top Bottom