Picked up a lockbox today!

Picked it up at First Defense in Uxbridge......good deal and seems pretty solid...fits my full size M&P 40 unloaded with 1 magazine perfectly...

Fits into my glove box perfectly but is that legal?

I've read allot about storing a firearm in the vehicle but its very confusing....can i lock my gun in this lockbox unloaded and leave it in the glove box legally?

I know it doesn't matter with regards to the law but my glove box also locks for extra peace of mind

a7ubyryh.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

From what I understand, it is legal to do so. The Sargent from Worcester PD brought up a "what if" scenario saying, "if you leave your guns on the car, and your car is stolen and they break into the lockbox etc, use your gun in a crime, you may be liable yadda yadda yadda"

Might just be fear mongering by him but who knows

So I CAN'T leave my gun in my hand, hanging out the window while I drive? I figured that's the only way to keep it from being an issue inside the car.... Hmmm...

Am I incorrect in thinking that the lock box actually needs to be either attached to a secure part of the vehicle (e.g. a cable attaching the box to the frame under the seat) or in a locked part of the vehicle (e.g. a glove compartment that locks)? And that it is irrelevant if it is loaded as long as it meets that criteria?

I believe that the first requirement if it is not under your direct control is that it be unloaded, and I believe that is true for ALL classes of gun, long arms and firearms.

Back
Top Bottom