Picked up a PSL

AKOU is going to be putting out content on accurizing the PSL. You shooting handloads or factory ammo? You'll want a KNS gas piston and a suppressor once you move to NH. How's the trigger?

AKOU is going to be putting out content on accurizing the PSL. You shooting handloads or factory ammo? You'll want a KNS gas piston and a suppressor once you move to NH. How's the trigger?
The trigger feels like any of my other aks its not too bad , and I’m shooting tulla out of it for now, that’s the plan this whole shut down ruined the plans for the house at least for the year but the moment I get the green light I’ll be buying a few cans

The trigger feels like any of my other aks its not too bad , and I’m shooting tulla out of it for now, that’s the plan this whole shut down ruined the plans for the house at least for the year but the moment I get the green light I’ll be buying a few cans

You'll probably want to handload for that gun if you want to use it for longer ranges or for more than plinking. Rob said that 1MOA is possible with handloads and enough skill.

After selling mine and regretting it, i could not get myself to pay 2000 for another or the elevated price for the mags. I bought a vepr 54r in 16" and 20" both for slightly more than the cost of a single PSL and am completely in love with them. Although for the right price id still get a psl.

I always kick myself for not getting one of the CDNN Chinese .308 dragunovs that seemed so expensive back in the day. Good luck with this one, looks like a nice substitute.

Got around to messing with a surplus gas tube and made it fit. now I’m waiting on the svd wood grip to come in from Russia and I can stain the stock to match

Attachments

• 734153D7-FD37-4450-8175-9B77FD867749.jpeg
    734153D7-FD37-4450-8175-9B77FD867749.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 8015D2D4-1CFC-42A0-B719-58EC47EC634E.jpeg
    8015D2D4-1CFC-42A0-B719-58EC47EC634E.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 711D05A7-BF94-4222-AF0F-8582C02960EA.jpeg
    711D05A7-BF94-4222-AF0F-8582C02960EA.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 16
Got a little work done to it while workout the svd hand guard fitment

Attachments

• 47D67798-AC5F-46EF-BF09-99BD01564D3E.jpeg
    47D67798-AC5F-46EF-BF09-99BD01564D3E.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 18
After selling mine and regretting it, i could not get myself to pay 2000 for another or the elevated price for the mags. I bought a vepr 54r in 16" and 20" both for slightly more than the cost of a single PSL and am completely in love with them. Although for the right price id still get a psl.
Same exact scenario here traded my PSL for a timberwolf 44mag bout ten years ago.
Then bought a vepr equivalent... Too bad the vepr mags are so expensive, single stack. So, no prone with a 10 rounder unless you breaking out the big bipods.
The PSL is one fun gun

I passed on one some years back because I thought the asking price was too high. I grind my teeth whenever I see one now. :(

Finally got around to getting the hand guards fitted just some more sanding on the wood ones they are good to go

Attachments

• 2FA9D4A7-333D-4713-99D5-A7BDA0943A03.jpeg
    2FA9D4A7-333D-4713-99D5-A7BDA0943A03.jpeg
    621.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 29FDB9F7-CF6F-4D7D-A4AD-50C1804AD48F.jpeg
    29FDB9F7-CF6F-4D7D-A4AD-50C1804AD48F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
PSL/ SVD / SVT-40 are on my wish list. Looking at couple of SVT next week. One is a SVT - 38, out of my price range.

Awesome score, congrats

I have a svd Tigre. Was a bring back. With the right ammo it will shoot sub Moa. Your rifle is capable to do that also, slug the barrel and cerro the chamber, then get dies made and reload. Just make sure the dimensions are right. Also buy a adjustable gas piston

Heh, I have never of a Vepr 54R. Googled it - Awesome! I want one! Looked on GB... Not Awesome, but still want one.

As promised, AKOU PSL accurizing content:

some times its amazing how much good ammo improves down range results.
"Most" shooters wont pay or reload to get the better ammo. They expect ammo tested in lots to have a average of 6 moa to pass muster to sudenly shoot sub 2moa out of xyz rifle.

"Most" shooters wont pay or reload to get the better ammo. They expect ammo tested in lots to have a average of 6 moa to pass muster to sudenly shoot sub 2moa out of xyz rifle.

I think most people don't have access to ranges long enough for it to matter, especially around here. In southern New England, most ranges are 100-200 yards. That isn't even far enough to confirm a 25/300 zero with say .308. Even up north, the amount of people who both have access to longer ranges and the skill or willingness to learn to shoot beyond 300 is tiny.

For the people who do have both the right range and the willingness to learn, those guys usually handload.

I am honest with myself. I am cheap. So i understand very much that i get what i pay for when it comes to ammo. Plus it gives me a reason to blame something when i shoot like shit.

I am honest with myself. I am cheap. So i understand very much that i get what i pay for when it comes to ammo. Plus it gives me a reason to blame something when i shoot like shit.
Right , you know the limitations.

I think most people don't have access to ranges long enough for it to matter, especially around here. In southern New England, most ranges are 100-200 yards. That isn't even far enough to confirm a 25/300 zero with say .308. Even up north, the amount of people who both have access to longer ranges and the skill or willingness to learn to shoot beyond 300 is tiny.

For the people who do have both the right range and the willingness to learn, those guys usually handload.
theres more 300 ranges and 600 ranges around mass than people know of.
even still I laugh when people shoot bulk surplus ammo and wonder why they are shooting 3-5 moa

Small "problem" is most clubs want you to have a solid zero and know your come ups before you start mag dumping at 600 yards..

Its all good

Back
Top Bottom