• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Picked up my first rifle, SIG 556 Patrol, suggestions?

Hey guy's! Just purchased my first (AR/AK style) rifle! I've used them before for my job but this is the first one I personally own. Anyone else on here own a SIG556 and have any suggestions on some mods? I'm excited about the gun and is the new Mass compliant version of the Patrol rifle. I read SIG Sauer had some quality control issues when these first came out, but this is a new 2012 model and has eaten anything I put into it.

Mass version has a pinned stock and a pencil tip barrel with no flash suppressor. Barrel is 1/7 twist. My first mod's plan on being an Aimpoint PRO and a sling. I also need to find some pre-ban 20-30 rounders since the rifle takes AR style magazines.

Here she is

IMAG0225.jpg

Get rid of the diopter as your buis. Check out MFI and look into their MAD sight setup. Last I checked it was under $100.

I'll have to look into that, I saw them listed for only $50. I imagine keeping the diopter on when I put a Aimpoint PRO on it would get in the way?

If you go with the MFI sight, you would need to replace the front sight blade as well. There is a height difference between the blade and the circular SigUSA sight you have on there now.

If you remove the spacer on the PRO, you should be able to get co-witness on the SigUSA sights which come on the rifle (I can't remember if it is absolute or 1/3).

Nice! My patrol rifle is a 556 Classic. I don't have any problem with the diopter sight. I'm running a Millett Zoom Dot with a low Burris Xtreme 30mm scope ring and get a perfect cowitness with the factory Sig sights. I use Magpul 20 & 30rd mags. Other than that all I've added is a light and a single point sling.

Back
Top Bottom