• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pics or it didnt happen, right?

I've never had a failure to eject with the pistol. The only issue was FTF with the hornady ammo. I believe has something to do with the conical shape of the bullet, or maybe even the plastic tip. I'm not sure.

Besides the one box of the hornady stuff that I had to load one round at a time to get rid of, I've put 1100 rounds through it with no failures. It's an excellent pistol and I carry it every day loaded with Spear Gold Dots.

I tried too many boxes of the Hornady CD ammo. The issue is that the polymer they use in the tip stops the round on the feed ramp as if it was a brake pad. I think it's the extreme slope of the feed ramp on the PPS that does this.

I even had Walther (S&W at the time) polish the feed ramp, it didn't help. I called Horandy on this and they admitted that this is one of the few pistols that have problems with the Critical Defense ammo. Note, I have not tried the Critical Duty ammo, but I'm guessing it would have the same issue, unless they made the polymer in the tip more 'slippery' and less like the rubber of an eraser (or a 'brake pad' as I call it).

Good luck with the PPS. Get a good holster such as the Comp-Tac and it will dissapear on you and be comfortable for all day wear.

I'd like to introduce the most recent addition to the family:

img4923fm.jpg

Dude! You are just rockin and rollin!

1. Welcome to NES - it is great to have you here
2. Very nice choices for your first purchases
3. Practice, practice, practice. And a little bit of quality training will go a long way to making you a better shooter. By far, training was the best money I have spent.

I own a PM9 myself. It is surprisingly accurate. Recoil is much more mild than you expect. Mine has eaten everything I have fed it.

Now.... it is time to look for a nice 1911... and a wheelgun... and an AR... and a 12ga..... and a scoped rifle... and accessories ... and, well you get the picture. [wink]

Thanks for the warm welcome, Fencer.

It's frustrating, but I still have not shot any of these fine pistols. I'm waiting on my orientation date after joining HSA. I hope to be an active member within a week or 2. Meanwhile, I've been collecting as much ammo as I can. Which quite possibly may be more frustrating than the anticipation of actually sending some lead down range.

The plan is to pick-up an 870 Tactical here in the next couple weeks and I so wanna pull the trigger on an AR, but the availabilty of .223 tells me I ought to wait a bit. The search for handgun calibers is aggravating enough. I feel at this point I don't want to purchase another firearm I may not be able to shoot.....but I might just purchase one anyhow.[devil]

Back
Top Bottom